1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Durant is out, adjustments?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j@amc, May 9, 2019.

?

Should the Rockets make a rotation change for game 6?

Poll closed May 10, 2019.
  1. No, stand pat

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Yes, start Nene

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Yes, but I'd suggest a different rotation

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Let's play House

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

While they’ll run more off ball without Durant adding more fluidity to their offense, but they are by no means, a better team without Durant, like some have said on the board.

The Warriors not only have an explosive offense, but in Durant, they have a guy that can score whenever he wants to, he has stopped MULTIPLE runs of ours this series, making hard shot after hard shot, runs that would’ve ran any other team in the league out of the building. There’s no player in the league better than Durant at doing this, not to mention he’s unguardable, unlike Klay and Steph who most of the time if you contest, they’ll miss. We’re not even taking into account his defense.

Steph will play more fluid, and will probably score more as will Klay, but will they make up for 35 ppg? I don’t think so. That being said, i believe the Rockets will squander this opportunity, no one has that killer instinct that they had last year (except PJ), they’ll become overconfident because of KD’s injury (idk why since they’re down 3-2) and GSW will use this as motivation. That’s what champions do, that seperates them, from us. Hope i’m wrong.

I knew Green was going to hit that 3 last night after his tech, i hate him as much as anyone, but while CP was flopping on the ground doing the only thing he could since he was terrible last night, i knew it would come down to Green hitting that shot and I knew he would hit it.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Shump:
    5) -14 in loss
    4) +1 in win
    3) +6 in win
    2) +5 in loss
    1) +3 in loss

5) CC +8 Nene +4 Small ball -17 (loss)
    4) CC +1 Nene -4 Small ball +7 (win)
    3) CC -8 Nene +10 Small ball +3 (win)
    2) CC-19 Nene +5 Small ball +8 (loss)
    1) CC-17 Nene +7 Small ball +6 (loss)

There arent a lot of constants... there's no Rosetta stone to victory... you gotta be willing to adjust to whatever is working on any given night...

Although it seems pretty cleat that old man Nene should be utilized for whatever he's got in the tank...

and the team that wins the rebounding battle has won every game... so you gotta have personnel on the floor that can box out and grab a rebound - even if it may be detrimental in other aspects... PJ cant be our #1 defender and primary rebounder -the dude gets spread too thin...

Release the Manimal!

Why not? and sushimaster like this.
  4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

They have to look at games where KD was absent to see how the Warriors drew up offensive and defensive schemes. It is like learning something new all over again.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

no kd? warriors go small. We have to use old tactics to win. Play small, play frustrating D on curry and tire him... dont let him get hot. This is on Harden and CP3 to go all out... We did this before. Adjustment needed? Don't lose speed. Capela gonna have to sit. Nene gonna need to bring it, and sub him out ealry and let capella dominate their bench.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Without Durant I would guess that makes their small ball lineup a little more difficult to play especially for long minutes. Do they go with more time with a traditional big or stay small or go even smaller?

They were already rolling pretty thin. I’m guessing Looney is put in the starting lineup and given more minutes which you would hope makes Clint playable for more minutes.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I don't want Curry to have a possession that he doesn't see a double team. If others beat us, they beat us, but I want Curry to be facing a wall every time he touches the ball.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Exactly, so cover his options and dare him to create for himself.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, noooooooooooo

kjayp likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Harden needs to stop taking those dumbas* threes ill advised.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Adjustments? D’Antoni doesn’t know what that is

kevtse likes this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Or everyone else could start making them. Harden shot well yesterday, while Paul/Gordon/Capela were 11/38.

cml750 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

This, our guys better be ready to run more...

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Whatever adjustments we have to make will be dwarfed by the Warriors having to re-tool both their offense and defense to work around the absence of their best player.

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

What is the deal with Faried anyway? I've read everything from family trouble to Ramadan is giving him fits, but there's no hard data on why he's been out.

They could use him. Or Hart, or something besides a Capela that has just been absolutely awful for most of this series.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have no idea either

17. igotwhipscollectingdust

Double Curry off Pnrs and deny him the ball at all costs. Don’t let him beat you.

Tucker should guard Draymond now and play free safety.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's terrible if true.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

well that could just be one game :D

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Unleash Clark, should be good enough to guard Jerebko or even Looney, dude can rebound and spread the floor enough to be worth a try...maybe.

Why not? and Emanuele Braghetti like this.