1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Chris Paul was my teammate I would shoot 40 times instead of 29 - Kobe

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't know about him though. I think either way, even if he had the drive, his body would have still given up on him early. And to think I used to think he was better all around player than Kobe. I'd get psyched the hell out of myself watching them play head to head.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

When he was young, I hated this attitude from Kobe. I was thinking "young punk, doesn't know sh-t about how to play the game."

When he got about halfway though his career and was still chucking, it was annoying, but I was like "whatever, he is who he is."

Now that he's a 16 year vet, I actually like this attitude from him. I'm reading this article nodding my head like, "Hell yeah, that's the Kobe I know."

Man, how times change.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Writer lost all credibility when he equated Justin Beiber to a "rresistible force of nature".

4. sbyang

sbyang Member

Kobe just doesn't give a **** anymore.

With his divorce and the crazy offseason, Kobe's just going to do what he wants to do and say what he wants to say.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Micheal Jordan understood that you could fire away when you're hitting 50% of your shots.

Like the real Trickle Down theory, the Kobe "trickle down" opening up for others doesnt always play out and it doesnt work to effective basketball.

Contested perimeter 2 pointers without any 3's or free throws doesnt amount to much, when you can get OTHER guys shooting 55-60% some higher probablity shots.

6. SPF35

SPF35 Member

that is the truth, these measurements don't and can't measure how people play and double kobe. They don't measure bynum and pau getting more touches and freedom because the whole defense of theother tema is built and has a back eye on kobe bryant. That is hwy they will never tell the whole story. If those stats were always right, Miami should've wrecked dallas in every way, btu there is just more to it in basketball that you can't measure in numbers in how the angles work, how the veterans use it, etc.

7. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I'm curious how come Kobe didn't win from 2005-2007?

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

And here we go again.

After the dust of yet another Kobe debate settles, it will turn out basketball is a team game.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

The only he can keep everyone quiet is making a high percentage of the attempts.

10. Lovemachine2000

This writer sucks. And he is not funny.

11. Lovemachine2000

And Kobe is not averaging 30 shots per game as the writer insinuates. He's averaging 23 shots per game while shooting a very respectable 44% from the field (his 3s are abysmal though, goes to show the Lakers have problems on offense). Yes, 23 attempts is a high number, but he's still efficient at scoring and dishing out 6+ assists while during it.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That is pretty much how I feel. I use to hate the guy but his dedication and not give a @#$! attitude has made me love him. He will still blow a game by continuing to shoot when he probably shouldn't but as a whole he is going to win you a lot more games than he is going to lose you. Yes he could be even better if he passed sometimes but that same stubbornness that makes him chuck up shot after shot is the same stubbornness that has him in the gym non stop and on the court even when his body is falling apart.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

he's kobe. he only deferred to shaq in his career cause shaq would just stop playing all together if he didn't get the ball.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus, Shaq was just way more dominant and effective.