1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ideal Playoff Seeding

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know they're last but like I said, they're only 6 wins behind 8th. Also, they have had the toughest schedule (don't know if it's actually the toughest for a fact but I've seen their schedule and they have had it very tough so far). It's getting less likely than before, but I still think they can go on a run in the New Year with health and easy opponents and grab that 8th seed.

2. macan

macan Member

i would love warriros and spurs taking up 2 and 3 seed, thunders at 6 or 7 seeds. I'll be good

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Mike Conley is at least 2 weeks away from playing, and then he’ll need time to get his rhythm back

by the time he returns, they could be almost 10 wins behind the 8th seed...plus they now have the great J.B. Bickerstaff as coach...

Bickerstaff is gonna guide them from last in the West to the 8th seed?

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  4. rocketseagles07

Yea I still don't want to play the thunder round 1. Give us whoever else and let the Spurs/OKC deal with them

5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Get 2nd have to vs spurs which has chances to make our player injuries. Vs fake drop on the floor and pull our mvp hand and make some collision to get hurt.

6. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

1st seed with home adv vs warriors

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

1. Warriors
    2. Rockets
    3. Spurs
    4. Timberwolves
    5. Thunder
    6. Nuggets
    7. Trailblazers
    8. Pelicans

Warriors get a tough 1st rounder series, we get to avenge our '14 loss against Portland and them trying to recruit our 'Melo. ABA match-up between Spurs & Nuggets and Thunder/Wolves would be a great series with 3 legit stars on each team.

Second round pits us in a semis rematch with the Spurs - CP3 proves to be the X-factor that pushes us over the edge. Warriors will play the winner of the 4/5 seed - again, not an easy assignment.

Sets the stage for us taking down the Warriors in the CF, getting revenge in Game 7 and leading us to the Finals to face the Boston Celtics, to right the wrongs of the '81/'86 championships.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  8. what

what Member

God I hope we don't get the 8th seed. It is indeed possible, only because the west besides a few teams are absolutely mediocre. I want a chance at Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr, or Luka Doncic.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Honestly man, it is a lot easier than people think for them to get there. A healthy Conley, easy schedule, and the fact at how mediocre the bottom half of that playoff picture is like you said.

They only have 3 games remaining against the Warriors, Rockets and Spurs, and have played the Celtics and the Cavs once already.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha, I was way WAY off on the Grizz turning things around. Still can't believe they didn't trade Gasol before the deadline.

My ideal seeding now is:

1. Rockets
    2. Warriors
    3. Blazers
    4. Pelicans
    5. Jazz
    6. Spurs
    7. Thunder
    8. T-Wolves
    (assuming these are the teams that make it)

This would be perfect. I think Minnesota would be our easiest first round opponent from those teams (Denver would have been most ideal and New Orleans was a close second but I think they'll end up higher than 8th). The Warriors would have to deal with the Thunder, who seem to play their best so we could let them at Golden State right off the bat rather than have them get knocked out by someone else. If the Spurs beat Portland that probably means Kawhi is back so they could give Golden State some fits in the second round. Meanwhile, our second round opponent would either be Pelicans but more likely the Jazz who would have to play their second series in a row starting off on the road.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yah... Sign me up for that scenario.