1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ideal and Realistic Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by german rocketfan, Apr 10, 2002.

1. german rocketfan

Draft:
    We have a little bit luck in the lottery and get pick #4.Dejuan Wagner is still available and we grab him to sent him later to clippers.We also have the picks #14 and #34 (What is with the Toronto Second Rounder?).At #14 we grab Center Chris Marcus and #34 Juan Dixon and when we really have the Toronto 2nd Round pick which is #43 we grab Forward Rasual Butler.

Our Free Agents:
    I think it's time to say goodbye to Wizard.He wouldn't get much PT next year.Same for Langhi and Willis.Not sure what to do with Oscar Torres.We drafted Juan Dixon,who is defenitly a SG,and i think that he won't get much PT next season,too.I like him,but i wish him that he signs with a team where he get good mins and can show his talent.I would resign Tierre Brown.I think he's a very good 3rd option for PG and has talent.

Trades:
    Now to the important roster moves.First we grabbed the clipperslove Dejuan Wagner.So we manage a deal,which sends Lamar Odom to Houston and Dejuan Wagner and Jason Collier (Cap Filler) to Los Angeles.That was the first trade.Now the second:We all know that we have a longjam at PF.So we trade
    Kenny Thomas and Chris Marcus to Cleveland.Cleveland took C.Wilcox in the first round.So they sent Chris Wilcox,Brian Skinner and perhaps a future first round pick to Houston

Our Roster for 02-03 would be:
    C-Wilcox;Cato
    F-Taylor;Griffin;Skinner
    F-Odom;Rice;Morris
    G-Mobley;Dixon
    G-Francis;Norris

At IR:Brown,Butler

2. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

Just curious. Other than a little luck, how would Houston get the #4 pick?
    Lotto balls pick the top 3, they are currently five with I think no chance at 4 so unless they get lucky and get top 3, they can only go down, not up.

Also, with 4 centers already, what would Cleveland want with Chris Marcus?

3. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I agree with everything except the Juan Dixon part. The addition of Dixon gives us to many short gaurds. Instead of Juan I say draft that kid from Orgeon. He almost won the sprite slam dunk contest that was aired on ESPN last week. I forgot his name. Maybe someone can refresh my memory. He through some sick dunks down. I think he ia about 6'6", and would make a great addition if he can play defense.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

r-fan

The Oregon kid's name is Frederick (Freddy) Jones. He's one hell of an athlete. He also dramatically improved his jumpshot this year (before, he was all dunks, no J). He's a 6-4 SG. His size should hurt his draft status, but many project him as a late first-rounder.