1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

" I'd Average 40 If I Played For Today's Houston Rockets" - Rockets Legend Scottie Pippen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Dec 12, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

FIFY

Deuce likes this.
  2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Pippen was very good with playing with that Jordan's team. Likely Bird, LBJ, KD would asked to be traded by playing with Jordan. I recall that Pippen took a three, and made it, but Jordan was still yelling at him, assume that Pippen should not take that shoot. Pippen needs Jordan, and Jordan needs Pippen too, but Pippen can not a team leader to carry the team over the top, but Bird, LBJ, KD, Kawhi can.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

By the way, Pippen was considered to be all-time great likely due to his ring numbers, and total win numbers, unlikely due to his basketball skill levels.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is going to ave 40 pts playing on our team while Harden runs the show. That would be impossible considering they simply won't get to take enough shots.

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

That’s true. Since nobody is actually better than Herden is at scoring, nobody would take more shots than him on the same team.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He certainly averaged 40 D.N.C.s (Do Not Care) when he played with Houston...

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Would average $40 in his bank account after he blowing the rest on horrendous purchases.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can you give the list of players out there who deserves more shots than Harden when they play with Harden?

Richie_Rich and Blurr#7 like this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I’m not a millennial, but this definitely deserves an “OK, Boomer”

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

12. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I am arguing in the same context. If you watch Pippen speak, he usually compares himself to other current superstar players or what it would be like if he played in the current NBA and almost always he implies how great of a player he is/was. His game is not comparable to current superstars.

My whole point is that in today’s NBA, Pippen would be the same what he has always been, 2nd or 3rd best player in a team. He would not be able to put up numbers like Harden period! Him saying he would score 40 ppg is not something he could even do when he played in his prime because he was not a good 3-pt shooter and that’s a fact. So his analysis is flawed because Harden can put up such numbers with any team and Pippen should stop indirectly comparing himself with Harden or any other superstars currently playing in the league.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Charles Jones: “I would average 5 points a game on today’s Rockets”

D-rock, Killatron 2000, BigM and 6 others like this.
  14. realonemo

realonemo Member

Pippen = Iguodala
    Am I wrong ?

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Pippen was a really good defender. I can see him averaging around the same points as Westbrook is currently averaging now at best.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody. My point was Pippin's statement was stupid. No star could average that next to Harden because it would be impossible. They wouldn't get enough shots to do that, no matter how good they were.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

Scottie Pippen averaged 22 (career best) in the sole season without MJ when he was the sole leader. Let's say with today's rules it's easier and he ups his average for about 10 points. That still wouldn't get him anywhere near Harden. Next.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

even if Harden wasn't there Pippen still can average 20 at best

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No wonder Charles Oakley choked this dude out. He's a snively little punk who always thought he was better than he was. Here's an idea: you wanna be the man?? Convince your HOF coach you deserve to close out games, and not Toni Kukoc, you ****ing imbecile.

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

ya and james would do this in game LOL...