1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I would love for the Rockets to sign Biyombo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Levi, May 21, 2016.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Biyombo is only a year older than Clint and already much better. Biyombo was a lottery pick for a reason.

I imagine if Biyombo was on our team and Clint was about to hit free agency, every Rockets fan would want to keep Biyombo at all costs.

I do like Clint, but Biyombo has the higher ceiling due to his length and strength. The $$ is the issue. I think at this point i'd rather give Clint the starting job and spend on a PF. We would need a big strong C to backup Clint though.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How is Biyombo much better? Capela is a better finisher then him, rebounds and blocks shots on a similar level too.

I also think Capela has thr higher upside. Biyombo has been in the league for 5 years, Clint only 2. On top of that, Biyombo is a complete zero on offense, he has no hands.

The only thing Biyombo has on Capela is weight/strength and that's abouy the easiest thing for Capela to add to his game over the next couple of years. Once he gains 20-30lbs and gets more experience (like Dmo did) he will be good.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

WHO WANTS TO BIZMAX BIYOMBO?!!?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what does that have to do with anything. Anthony Bennett was the #1 pick and that means absolutely nothing right now

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

You say that like it's an easy thing. DMO got bigger(not sure about 20-30 lbs bigger) but he still gets pushed around.

Like i said, at the cost, i'd rather just stay with Capela starting at C this year and get a big strong backup C for going big because Capela is too weak against the Bogut's of the NBA.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

But, no one saw him as a #1 pick. Everyone was shocked when that pick was made. That's on the CAVS for being a terribly run franchise. That was also a very weak drat. Biyombo comes from a very deep draft.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It might take another 2 years but its entirely possible for Capela to gain 20-30 pounds of muscle. Dmo did gain 30-40lbs, he has 220 now he's like 250-260 I believe.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wheres Jan Vesely at these days who was taken right before Biyombo in that same draft

Point being just saying he was a lottery pick isn't really much of a basis for him being better than capella or not

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

An intern who has been drinking coffee and staying up late, scouring clutchfans stumbles across this. He spits out his coffee and leans into the computer screen. He scrambles to hit the print key and he's running through the dark halls of Toyota Center. He ascends the lush red carpeted stairs that seem to never end until he reaches Morey's Hall of numbers and puts his body into a push that manages to open the reinforced wood doors. There is a darkness before him, as his eyes adjusts. He sees the wise one before him and triumphantly smiles. "I've found it," he says, holding up the sheet of paper. "Levi from ClutchFans.net has saved us!"

"Thank heavens. I don't think I would have considered that," Morey says, patting the intern on the back.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Of course it's possible. I'm just saying 2-3 years is a long ways away and i don't think he has the body type to hold too much weight or we'll start seeing injury issues like DMO.
    DMO's gotten bigger but he's got terrible core strength and is always off balance. The guy falls on the floor as much as Yao Ming used to. His other problem is his TRex arms. Weak wingspan. Capela's 7'4.5 wingspan and 9'2.5" standing reach combined with Harrell's 7'4.25" wingspan and 9'1" standing reach. Those are the kind of measurements i love. Biyombo fits the length with his massive 7'6" wingspan. But i don't think i am willing to pay Biyombo or even DMO with his back issues and limitations(i think DMO doesn't want to come back anyway given that we just tried to trade him and he had demanded a trade several years back when he wasn't getting minutes).

Rather start to develop Capela and Harrell.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Jan Vesely not panning out doesn't mean much. He had the physical tools to be a lottery pick in tons of different drafts. Biyombo with his strength and gigantic 7'6" reach would be a lottery pick in tons of different drafts also. But, yes Capela has explosiveness and length that should have been a lottery pick himself.
    Either way, i've already stated i would rather let Capela get the starting C job for next season. Pre ECF, i would have wanted Biyombo, and have been on the Biyombo bandwagon since around Dec. when he started getting starters minutes and averaging 15rpg and 3bpg. Just look at how good his numbers are every time he gets 30+ minutes. Several 20+ rebound games. Several 5+ block games. Dudes a beast and quick enough to guard SF's. But, he just increased his salary by almost 10 mil it seems. So that ship has sailed.

12. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Ima predict the future... Okc will go on to win and go to the finals. Robertson will have a good series vs whoever and a couple days later we will see
    "We should give Robertson the MAX!"

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I am extremely skeptical about Biyombo being 1 year older than Clint. Try 3-5 years older.

How is his ceiling higher? I'm not sure what he can really add to his game (which is how you quantify "ceiling").

Meanwhile, Clint has a very natural feel to game with GREAT footwork (can Biyombo guard on the perimeter?) and good hands with an improving game around the basket.

Yes Biyombo is stronger and weighs more but that's about it. I'll take Clint, thank you.