1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I Wonder If Its All A Dream?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Almu, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thank God Alex!!

I can't imagine how you did it. I had a hard enough time with my girlfriend and family being away from me, but in areas that I was pretty sure wouldn't be on a terrorist target list (Waco, Tyler, Santa Cruz, CA). So I couldn't even begin to fathom how everyone's who has family and friend's close to this disaster have been able to do it.

God bless you and them.

2. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

god bless you almu and all..

humankind is sick and we are not intelligent whatsoever..i am almost sad to be a human being...

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Almu...

(please don't mistaken my single digit posts as a newbie...I've been coming here for a very, very long time and sincerely enjoyed reading your posts).

I'm happy you and yours are ok. As I read your post, I was watching the news. My heart is relieved that you're ok, but my mind/brain is pissed all to hell. A very conflicting range of emotions.

I don't know anybody in NY, so the close, personal connection to the tradegy is rather blank. But after reading your post, I've gained a whole new perspective.

Thank you my dear friend for that. I needed it.

Lou

4. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Thank God we have ya back dude.

Godspeed to you, your family, and your friends.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good to you you alright ,

I am the only one who slept with the light on last night?

6. outlaw

outlaw Member

glad you are ok Alex
    so are you guys moving back here to houston now?

7. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Glad to hear from you Almu.

If you email them to me John@losttexan.net I'll get them up in this thread.

8. Alex

Alex Member

Johnny, thanks for the offer. I sent you the email with the attachments.

Thanks to Stone Cold, Rocketracoon, sirhangover, moestavern, outlaw everyone else again for your thoughts and prayers. Its been a difficult 18 hours and I still have not heard from 2 of my friends.

The one hope I have is that I can't reach their families either, which is weird and good. I am hoping for extended vacations but the odds of both of them doing it at the same time are remote. I continue to hope.

#28 Alex, Sep 12, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2001
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was more like a terrible nightmare to me:(

10. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Just to let everyone know that I have found my two friends.

Patrick was in the hospital because of debris in his eyes. They found very, very small pieces of glasses embedded in his lips and very fine grains of glass in his eyes. More on his left eye than the right eye. He is wearing a patch but most likely will have his vision reduced by about 20 percent in one or both eyes because the glass did slight damage to his eyes. HE RINSED HIS EYES OUT WITH MINUTEMAID SODA! That burned the hell out of him, but probably rinsed enough out to minimize the damage.

He was on the 53rd floor during the second plane after in the North tower. He was about 1 block away when the first building collapsed and ran behind the wall of the subway sign and still got hit with debris. He saw nothing. Didn't see none of the buildings fall just ran when they said to run and didn't look back. He was in the hospital last night when we went there late.

My other friend Chris was in Virginia when he finally got through to me this morning at work. He is going to stay there until the end of the week and then head home. I was more worried about him because he works for AMEX and that is right in the middle of everything. I thank God for their safety and for hearing my prayers.

I couldn't go out last night to take pictures but I will after tonight because its going to rain and they have everything blocked off from 42nd street on down. Only the residents can get through to downtown area. They are cracking down on everything and everyone.

I have some pictures that I have to post from friends in the press who took them and I will put them up shortly after I send them up to the website.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Thank god! :) It's good to hear more and more stories of survival, it was getting depressing hearing only about death.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Almu

Whenever I try to access your pictures I get an "access restricted" message from Yahoo. Is there something special I need to do?

14. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Try again, Bob. I think I fixed it.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That did it.

Thank you.

Incidentally, you are correct with respect to the pictures you classified as disturbing. There are certainly some horrific pictures in that group, but the one titled NYC10 is the most disturbing to me.

#36 bobrek, Sep 13, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2001
  16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Bob and everyone else.

The NYC 10 picture is really disturbing when you take a close look at something.

The person falling is actually looking DOWN.

I just noticed that and I am kinda shook up.