1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I will root for this AI

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jakedasnake, Dec 12, 2006.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Does anyone else think that Andre Igoudola will finally be able to show what he can do? I have been rooting for this guy not only because he is an athletic freak but he also has some point guard skills and is a great defender. I have been saying it for years that he is the most underrated player in the league and he plays next to the most overrated player in the league. He is a very efficient player unlike the star he used to play with. I am certain we will see the rise of the new AI in Philly and he is very easy to root for unlike the old AI(even though everyone still loves him cause he is small). It is a shame that Iguodala hasn't been more assertive on the offensive end only shooting 8.4 shots a game last season but his shots have been increasing this season and that will continue. He scored 27 pts. last night and I can see many more nights like that in the near future, oh and he is only 22.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree. AI2 should be the main benficiary of AI's departure. But the Sixers won't have much hope until both Billy King and Mo Cheeks are fired.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I agree 100%

Wasn't he like the only player last year to be the second leading scorer on a team yet average the least amount of shots?

Iverson just comands the ball wayyyyy to much & its been hurting his chances, IMO.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Get Webber and his 1999 Ewing impression out of there too for Iguodala to take over.

Evan

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Not neccessarily, you're forgetting about the people coming back to Philly in the AI deal. Ben Gordon, Mike Bibby, Troy Murphy, Ricky Davis, Baron Davis, etc., etc.... These people will require a lot of shots as well. Don't forget about the emergence of Willie Green either. Will his production go up, of course, as no one commands the ball more than AI. But will his departure vault Iggy into another escholon as some are eluding to, doubt it...

6. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I noticed alot of fans (including myself) call him AI. He deserves more respect so I'm just gonna stick to callin by his name.

Iguodala is the real deal and it wouldn't surprise me if up-and-coming players like him will be the face of the nba real soon. But he's always going to be under AI's shadow in Philly, and the other studs like Lebron, Wade and the other 03' boys.