1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I will not vote for a Republica, potentially forever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I feel like it may be another Tea Party situation.

If Trump is re-elected, I feel like the Republican party may split in two. May not be a bad thing, though, as the split would presumably be a more centrist party, which could play more into my tastes.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Im not so sure. I know plenty of millenials and Zoomers who love Trump because they like "owning the libs"

Space Ghost likes this.
  3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Get Trump and McConnell out of there, and stop trying to pervert our laws and public policy with your religion.

If you take care of all of the above and get some normal leaders in there, I’ll gladly keep an open mind. But for the foreseeable future? Not a chance.

da_juice likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This from the people who never read the Mueller report in fact they don't read anything, don't know anything that doesn't come in a short video or photoshop, and think they know everything. It's the ultimate in arrogant ignorance.

da_juice likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

You live in a strange bizarre world, and I do not envy you.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Your best bet is to vote against every incumbent - regardless of political affiliation.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You've regurgitated right wing meme logic for the past few years. You never shared ideologies common amongst Democrats unless you changed ideologically, not the Democrat party at least for the past 2 decades.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah right.

Who do you think you a fooling?

Everybody knows your act now.

Really dude stop embarrassing yourself.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

CometsWin likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So nobody can legitimately have a critique of Berny?

His banning fracking will put a lot of people out of work, it's not a winning issue.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I might still vote for a Republican in the future but I will never vote for the party of Trump..

If the Republican party returns to the core principles of Conservatism (limited government, local control, free trade, financial responsibility, respect for the separation of powers) I would certainly consider voting for a Republican especially if there is a Sanders or Warren Administration. Trumpism is none of those things. It is a big spending proctectionist authoritarian party. It is the antithesis of what Barry Goldwater.
    It is antithetical to a lot of what Reagan stood for.

mikol13, Two Sandwiches and jo mama like this.
  13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the only republican president who exercised even the slightest bit of fiscal responsibility/conservatism in the last 45 years has been george hw bush.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Explain to me why the whistleblower’s identity and or political ties are in any way relevant? I legitimately don’t understand why this is a talking point among republicans. If the whistleblower was Adam Schiff himself, why would that matter? The allegations were true and both sides agree at this point.

jiggyfly, Two Sandwiches and Newlin like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sure there are supporters among that group. But look at the poll among them and there isn’t a contest. They have at best temporary lost that generation for a decade.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just a beautiful country, Trump 2020.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

It doesn’t just get ready for when a Dem becomes President the precedent has been set, there is no turning back now. A really sad time for the country but not why you think.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt it - Trump hasn't damaged the Republican brand, he's pulled the veil off what it has been since Nixon - a white ethnocentric party disguising itself under fiscal conservatism.

It was never about that - it was always about race, religion and white culture. It represents 40-some percent of this country. And to me, represents the failure of the two party system and the need for multiple parties - one for fiscal conservatives who can detach from the lunacy of the right.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I don’t follow

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

For the record, I don’t think the president of the USA enjoys a right of privacy in his official capacity. Let the whistleblowers blow their whistles for any and all presidents. Private citizens can have evidence suppressed if the government is invading what they can reasonably believe to be a private setting (if public policy supports their belief). It’s puzzling that republicans are so passionate about technicalities when it comes to investigating the president in his official capacity. His constitutional rights haven’t been violated and none of us should root for a president to be able to conduct rogue foreign policy in the dark.

Two Sandwiches likes this.