1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want Tyson Chandler!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevie Francis, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Stevie Francis

Forget the trade with chi sending curry and the #2 for our 1, and ect. Curry will be good Chandler will be great. Tyson has a lot more skills Brown, curry, and Griffin, He also has a lot of heart. In chi he got no playing time, and in highlights i still saw him cheering his team till the end. He he has an attitude like caron butler, but Tyson is 7'1 236. And is super athletic. If you though griffin would be a star, yeah right. This trade sounds better.

Griffin, #1, KT, and some one else

for

Tyson chandler, and pick #2.

i'm telling you guys this guy is is the real deal, he wasn't picker 2nd for nothin. And he should of been number 1. Since he is 7'1 236 and got handles that griffin dreams about. He can play sf, pf, and c. He is good i tell you. just wait till he learns.

2. Darth West

Darth West Member

If you ask Chicago fans which player they are least interested in trading you will find it is Chandler ... I seriously doubt that Chicago would trade him unless the offer is unreal ... Btw it is Gasol that should have been the #1 pick last year ... :)

#2 Darth West, Jun 7, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Chandler will be better than Gasol 5 years from now.

4. Darth West

Darth West Member

That remains to be seen ... so far I would say Gasol deserved to be picked #1 ...

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

hindsight is always 20/20 . . .and u know 5 years from now
    someone else from that class could bust out . ..
    hell . . .Battier might explode next year beyond Gasol

Rocket River

6. Darth West

Darth West Member

Yeah hindsight is nice indeed ... :) ... I am not really trying to say Gasol will always be the best of his class but I belive he is the best chooise right now ...

Anyway this post wasn't supposed to be about Gasol ... I think you are touching a very important point ... One year after the draft teams wouldn't draft players at the same positions ... hell it wouldnt even be close ... therefore I doubt that you could trade the top pick this year for Chandler, a guy with arguably ;) most potential from last years draft ... at least to me there is an enormous difference between someone that has played one year in the league and obviously showed signs of future dominance and someone who hasn't ...

#6 Darth West, Jun 7, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I don't know. Somehow I don't see Krause wanting to trade the guy they mortgaged their franchise to get. But then again, it is Jerry Krause, so you never know.

Don't know how Rockets mgmt feels about Tyson, but what's not to like about a 7'1" guy who is quick and explosive.

8. Live

Live Member

I want a 2003 Mercedes SL-R convertible in black.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Bulls traded Brand for Chandler because the former was making noise about leaving because the team sucked so much and couldn't attract free agents.

Chandler will be a great player in a couple years. The only way the Bulls will trade him is if they acquired him in the first place as a future bargaining chip, knowing Mao was in the future...but that's too much second-guessing. The Jerrys can't keep blowing up the team.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to trade for him. But we've already got a needs-to-bulk-up 4/3 on the team.

10. Stevie Francis

ever since 1996 i've predicted who will be great, based on highlights and i know Tyson will be great, thats why the traded ELTON BRAND mr. 20/10 for a high school kid.

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Gasol was like 21 last year (not that he's old), Chandler was 18 most of the season...

Chandler in 3 years > Gasol

12. Darth West

Darth West Member

Sure Gasol is 2 years older then Chandler but his game is also a lot more developed ... will Chandler catch up with Gasol? ... who knows ... both of them have extremely bright futures and have the potential to be something really special ... then again they have only been in the league 1 year so they have a lot more to prove ...

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

:eek: Whoa! Cheering on his team till the end! Mateen Cleaves does this for the Kings, let's trade Steve for him! Oh, and if he had more skills, why wouldn't he have been drafted number one? Brown was a high schooler too, so that excuse is out the window. Brown supposedly dominated him in individual workouts.

Wait, so you already know how Eddie's career will pan out? Awesome. The trade doesn't sound better to me, though.

Griffin > Chandler
    #1 > #2
    KT > nothing
    someone > nothing

Since he is 7'1 236 and got handles that griffin dreams about.

And Griffin has the superior shotblocking and extrodinary range that Chandler dreams about.

14. Darth West

Darth West Member

I would definitly take Chandler over Griffin ... anyway what I really disagree with is that you value someone > nothing ... I can think of quite a few (not only rockets) "someone's" where I would prefer too just have nothing ... :)

#14 Darth West, Jun 8, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2002
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Darth,

If you don't mind me asking, why? I'm guessing Chandler is a lot more hyped because he's in Chicago, but other than that I can't see why people would want him more than Griffin.

Scoring = edge Griffin. Griffin has a lot more range and accuracy on his jumper, and supposedly has some post moves that we are waiting to use when he bulks up.

Passing = even. Neither are adept at it right now.

Rebounding = edge Griffin. He crashes the glass with intensity, and it seems to come so easy to him.

Shot blocking = huge edge Griffin. No contest. He has the kind of timing on his blocks that's very rare.

Ball handling = edge Chandler. He's not much of a ballhandler, but he's better than EG.

Defense = edge Griffin. He's better at rebounding, much better at shotblocking, and can make up for his deficiencies in low post bulk with his long arms and shotblocking. Chandler's even skinnier than Griffin is, considering his height, and lacks the lateral quickness to guard small forward's. He also doesn't have the shot blocking to compensate for his lack of weight down low.

Age = same.

Potential = same or edge Griffin. Griffin has more tools, and remember before the draft last year he was expected to be the consensus number one by most experts. He fell due to character concerns, which after one year in the NBA were obviously overblown.

Also, since we're over the cap, there's no real reason to dump a "someone" for nothing... it's not like we're going to get under the cap anyway.

16. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I want Tyson Chicken.

17. Darth West

Darth West Member

I like the package Chandler brings with athleticism/agressivness ... I consider that both he and Griffin will be able to become good rebounders, shotblockers (Griffin will be great) ... Chandler has shown signs of great passing ability ... both need to improve ball handling ... I belive that Chandler has greater offensive potential ... but what I really really liked about him was the way he progressed during the season ... to me he showed more progress then Griffin during his first season (disclaimer ... Obviously I haven't seen all Chicagos and Hustons games ... :) )

I think dumping bad contracts is always a good idea whether you are over the cap or not ... most teams have some sort of budget and if you dump a bad contract you'll have the chance to get a nice role player during the off season ... when I see "someone > nothing" I directly think "Bryant Reeves > nothing" ... then I shake my head and start crying ...

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i gotta help the cat defend our team. the rockets get completely screwed on this trade. is this a bulls fan's thread?

griffin for chandler is equal, but i wouldn't trade eddie for him because theres no point. both have great potential but i fail to see where one is substantially better than the other. griffin has shot-blocking and a MUCH better shot. tyson has height and better handles.

next we give up the #1 which is far, far more valuable then the #2 and then we throw in a very good player in kt. what? :confused:

19. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I would not trade Griffin for Chandler.

20. Darth West

Darth West Member

Well you could always post it on Realgm or some other Bull fan site and see what reaction you get ... :)