1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want to know what the CC.net thinks.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sonny, Sep 15, 2001.

Tags:
?

What does the CC.Net BBS think we should do about Terrorism?

1. Full Blown attacks on all people,groups,countries associated with Terrorism. Full Retalitory Strikes

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. Limited Strikes targeting people and groups and restrictions against countries associated with Terro

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Covert operations to remove people associated with Terrorism and bring the to justice in a court of

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. Hide in corner and pray that the terrorist leave us alone.

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I keep seeing all the CNN,USAToday,Time polls. I wanted to know what the best BBS in the world thinks.

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Sorry for the "Terrosrism" spelling error in the first poll option.

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

If the US does not do it's best to avoid hurting civilians, then they are just as bad as the terrorists.

4. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

The rest of the worlds views can kiss my a$$.

Do what you gotta do

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Great. Just when the rest of the world starts to unite around America, it's time to become isolationists again. We have a chance to unite the planet like never before, as we all work towards the common goal of eliminating terrorism. But' s let's forget about all that, and bomb the hell out of innocent civilians, therefore becoming just as bad as the terrorists, and alienating the rest of the planet. Great plan!

6. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

Any uniting was simply monetiary/business related. Being not only the worlds largest super power, but having the IT resources that makes the rest of the world salvinated over our nobs doesnt hurt either. Any appeasing visual towards the U.S. is rarely true, and often with a hidden agenda. And since WHEN has the US every made a decision that the "the rest of the world" was in agreement with?? Hell, I spent 2 years and traveled Europe only the hear whispers of b****ing at actions the US were or were not taking. Its no win with those guys.
    Its funny how you people think Terrorist do not factor in our sense of concisousness when they devise their sick plans. They rely on your logic ZRB, otherwise it fails and their innocent countrymen lives are lost. They gamble on our inability to do what is controverisal. Thats the cruel and inhumane part of war. What would you do ZRB, if I strapped by own son (if I had one) to my chest and ran through your house shooting your wife and kids? Would you shoot through the kid to get to me to stop the damage, or would you allow me to finish your family off along with yourself? Thats how these guys operate and they rely number one on the element of surprise, then they rely on your "humane side" to hinder you from making the decsision to shoot through the kid to save your own family. Its hard, it sucks, but you prevent future acts by showing you are willing to kill .
    Imagine the lives that would have been saved had we gone fter Bin Laden during the first WTC attack. Or after the USS bombing? No, we allow for them to run back in celebration, recurit and plan more, and on Tuesday morning we have witness the results to your "lets worry about the world" logic. Thousands of Americns dead. Thousands man, mybe that number doesnt shock you, and you care moe about the "thoughts" of those overseas. I care about the thousands of lives HERE and not what a European feels. Those are my priorties,so feel free to critize that all you want.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't believe there is anything more dangerous right now than a limited response that allows these people to regroup in any way. A limited attack, in my opinion has never been the answer. We see how well limited warfare worked in Vietnam. There is only one goal to a war; to win. When another group of people concerns itself with the destruction of your civilians, you can not afford sensitivity, lest you find your child dead in your arms. It's clear these people don't give up after our little limited attacks. If they're developing biological weapons and/or chemical weapons, they will use them amidst a limited response. I believe our response has to ultimately hit to the source of all this. I'm not saying we can ever eliminate terrorism altogether. But I think we drastically limit their ability to have safe harbor in any nation in this world ever again. And that is done by completely eliminating the governments that allow them to set up shop. Unless we want this to be a repeated event across this country, I think we better use the power of the most powerful nation in the world and take care of business. Finish the job this time.

#7 MadMax, Sep 15, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2001
  8. SlamN

SlamN Member

Targeting civilians is wrong and truly evil. Key word is "targeting", if they happen to be around a military facility or other strategic sites then so be it.

No country can survive without support from others, including the US. We must not have an attitude that American lives are far more important. The war against terrorism will be a long long war. It is not a country that you can just bomb the hell out of, its a network of shadows. They are everywhere in every country. It will be a prolonged war, that is why the US needs the support of countries around the world if we intend to win. Attacking defenseless civilians or invading countries at will, will not gain us much support especially in the Middle East.

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Next time, please use paragraphs...

I am in agreement SlamN.

I said that they should "do their best" to avoid hurting civilians. There is no doubt that civilians will be killed. But if they go on a rampage, killing innocent people in every corner, then they are just as bad as the terriorists.

The rest of the world lost people in this too. How many countries were represented at the World Trade Center? The concern that the rest of the nations have shown is not only about money. They have all realized that if America is vulnerable, they are in even more danger. This is about preserving human life.

All the major nations can identify with that.

Anyway, America needs it's allies just as much as they need them. If they were to isolate themselves from the rest of the world, think of the economic damage. No, we can not go on a rampage. Eliminate the Taliban, but don't hurt the poor victims of that **** of a government. That would do nothing but point even more hatred in the direction of the USA.