1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want to hear from those of you who are still undecided

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockbox, Aug 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Fatty FatBastard

The question wasn't about what to eat for lunch.;)

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Whoa there lone ranger. I wasn't slinging poo at your canidate. I like your canidate (& horse racing). I was just making a little, can't run joke. Anyway he's better off now that he is going to a place where he gets to spread his seed the rest of his adult life. (Isn't this what we all want anyway? :D )

Also I'm no longer undecided... I've pledged my full support to a canidate who deserves my vote...

[​IMG]

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

don't try to conceal your feelings about Smarty. all the smartest people are voting for Smarty...and that's why you hate him!!! admit it!!!!

i don't see how my candidate's ability to run hurts his chances in this election. you've got a guy with a freaking pegleg you're trumpeting!!! sure, he tries to conceal it under the, let's just say less than heterosexual outfit frilly outfit...but he's a freaking gimp, and you know it!!! probably has a glass eye, too. how in the world can he defend the free world on a pegleg and with a glass eye? have you ever thought of that??? plus...i've heard he has a serious drinking problem. smarty only drinks water, my friend.

i might also point out that your candidate's campaign workers are so blitzed out of their mind that they can't even get the freaking year of the election right on those pins!!! freaks!! degenerates!!!

WIN.
    PLACE.
    SHOW.

CASE CLOSED!!!

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Thanks for pointing out I linked to the wrong file on my website. I fixed it now.

Oh and also thanks for pointing out how funny posts can be when ended with

CASE CLOSED!!!

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Undecided. I'm a libertarian.

Pissed about the current administration's almost arrogant approach of basically lying in my face, insulting my intelligence, and assuming that I'll take the bait. Pissed about the waste of money and lives that is Iraq. Pissed that we didnt turn Afghanistan into a parking lot sooner and stick the head of Bin Laden on a pike in downtown NYC. Pissed about growth in government when I voted for someone who said he would shrink it. Pissed about the wall between church and state being torn down and danced on.

However, my Dad is a Bush appointee and if Dubya loses, my Dad loses his job. Oh, and I stand to make a lot of money off these tax cuts.

What to do, what to do?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, a bit confused here, RM95. Isn't this the site that you've been plugging (which is OK! :)) that you write movie reviews for? Political ones? Assuming you're Blake Gifford, this is how you're described:

"Blake's political movie reviews will appear every Friday. Please bear with him folks - he's just a big dumb animal, and this was the most harmless job we could give him. We hope he'll make you laugh - at him, if nothing else. He's a raging liberal, so you conservatives need to keep him honest - please send him some feedback!"

http://www.politicalbrew.com/feature.cgi?id=movies

Now, if you're "Libby Rohl", it just adds further to my confusion, which is, if you're a liberal, as described at the site, why in the hell are you confused?!?

If I have everything wrong, RM95, then just put me under the "confused" column. :confused:
    And you have my confused apologies.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

How Steven Wright-ish of you. ;)

8. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

The description you gave - unhappy with administration policy at large, but personally happy - is interesting. My dad says the same sort of thing.

Do you (and others who feel this way) believe politics should be a one-on-one choice ("How does he affect me?") or a global one ("How does he affect the world?")?

You can probably see that people could attack you as selfish since you're worried about something affecting you - how would you respond?

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I am confused about why you are confused that RM95 is confused because this is just confusing in itself to analyze why one person is having second thoughts & may be confused about his parties Presidential candidate.

At least RM95 is not a waffler:)

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Deckard, I actually write both sides of the review, both Libby's and Wright's part. Again, I haven't fully decided to change my vote, but I would say I'm in the undecided camp. I think some of my reasons, which I'll be happy to share if I do decide to vote for Bush, you'll agree with.

Trust me, I'm as surprised as everyone else.

11. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Thats the question I ask myself a lot. Why do I vote for who I vote?

In my brief presidential voting history, I have voted for both Bushes and Clinton (2x). There was little chance that I wouldn't vote for Bush the Elder in 1988...he's been a family friend for years and I think he's a great guy. I'm not quite sure politics even entered my mind. When 1992 came around, I was in college, a big volunteer, save the earth-type of guy, very pro-choice and freaked out by Bill Bennett's manatory minimum policies that sent a fellow Vandy student to 6 years of hard time for buying drugs for a frat party. Bush seemed way outta touch with the youth of America and Clinton was ELECTRIC. I never stopped liking Clinton, so voting for him the second time was obvious. Hell, I woulda voted for him a third time. The last election was like choosing between airport food and cafeteria food. Neither candidate appealed to me at all. Honestly, I wanted McCain.
    I debated even voting for Nader just to show my distaste for the two guys, but then realized that would be even a bigger waste. Since Bush was a family friend (although I had never met him), my dad was working on his campaign, and I was in the energy trading sector which was under attack from Democratic psychos in California, I voted for Dubya.

I dislike most things about Bush the leader. He has nothing to run on except national security since 9/11 (which he doesnt actually mention occurred during his watch...not that he or anyone could have stopped it.) But he CAN run on that, and even someone like me (someone who thinks he's a seriously flawed president) can agree with what he says. I do agree we are safer now than just after 9/11, but only as long as we leave our troops in harm's way in Iraq. If we pull out, the numerous new recruits to various terrorist groups will focus on the USA. That entire scenario is completely f***ed up. Yet, in a selfish way, its better for me and my future child (due in Feb). Hell I am probably moving to Manhattan in 4 weeks and working in one of the targeted buildings. I'd prefer that no one is killed by terrorists, of course....but if something has to be blown up, I'd prefer it happens somewhere else. If thats selfish, so be it.

The money thing....well, since Bush doesnt give a rats ass about the education system of this country, I'd better make as much money as possible to afford private school for my kid. And I dont think its such a bad thing to want my Dad to keep his job. Even if I think his boss is an idiot.

Gametime decision.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ditto, what you said...except the part about getting gang raped in the ass.:eek: :D

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The sad fact is that those of us that are not going to vote for either are going to get 1 of them but I still can't vote for either.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am undecided because i haven't researched the canidates well enough. If I had to vote today, I'd go Cobb of the Green Party.

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Art, you sound like I did in 1984, when the choice was between Reagan and Mondale.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for either. I was right out of college, unemployed due to Reagan's voodoo economics, disliked Reagan's policies in South America, yet thought Mondale was a doofus and unworthy of running for President. On top of that, there wasn't any significant 3rd party candidate running.

When I got to the polls, I wrote my own name in for President of the United States.

I can now die happy, because I know for a fact that I got one vote for President of the United States!!:D

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no problem! ;)

17. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Da Da said it all...Bush will win Texas...stay home and watch the Rocket game.

18. outlaw

outlaw Member

the polls will close before the game

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Im still undecided....

mateo's first post in this thread pretty much explains how I feel as far as Bush goes...

I feel like he lied to us intentionally...I resent that he didnt take care of business in Afganistan before pushing us into Iraq..

His spending policies are worriesome....we had finally managed to get the deficit down befor he got into office...and now its toast...it was toast before the expensive war he pushed us into...now...I shudder to think how big the deficit must be..

His administration's stance on personal liberties is a valid concern...Ashcroft seems determined to turn us into a Big Brother State....or at the very least A Father Knows Best State.(NS unite)

and I definitally dont like the dirty politics that his side seems to be playing this election cycle....not that the Dems are any less guilty...but the Repub ads seem so much more mean spirited to me.

and last bu tnot least....I still hold a grudge from his time as Texass gov....his administration left the state in such bad shape that the public schools had to enact a hiring freeze which directly affected me since the college district that I had a in with could no longer replace people they lost....and I was in direct line for that damn job..:mad:

anyway....

I cant rightfully say that I will vote one way or the other....I dont know enough about Kerry at this point....but I could be said to be his vote to lose or win in the coming weeks..I really doubt that there is anything that Buch can do at this point to win me to his side..

but I do in fact remain undecided, irregardless of what I have just said about Bushes perceived shortcomings..