1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want my OLD Ming back!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chinese, Nov 25, 2005.

1. chinese

chinese Member

Be frustrated watching him play right now, he is slow,exhausted and mentally break down. He used to be SF3's little brother, he used to be thin,smart, of course tall player with many nice footworks. he can even shoot a 3 points accasionaly. He used to be happy, SF3 and Cat helped him with pressure, that maybe the reason I miss Bob Sura more than TMac. Yes, he is a stronger but slower, yes he is more blue collar in the paint than before but picking up more fouls. I can NOT say I appreciate his role than before. Just so frustrated to see Ming developing into Shaq-like, unsuccessfully! unsuccessfully!
    Quit! Quit!
    Although he looks big.
    This Ming no fit.
    Old Yao used to be good.
    He is no Shaq.
    Why we ask him body fight!
    I, maybe you, want the old Ming back!

2. noize

noize Contributing Member

JVG just needs to free him up....

I can't remember the last time Yao made those open chip shots that was always money.

3. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

are your attempts at English.

Therefore you should
    this forum right now.

4. GrapeJuices

GrapeJuices Contributing Member

I think he's a improved ming just under worse circumstances than last year. Can anyone here tell me what a YOF is?

5. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Someone's sitting on a high horse... :p

#5 Kyrodis, Nov 25, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The 'Old Ming' also was ridiculously timid and would shut down any time opponents were physical with him or the refs tagged him with a couple fouls.

Evan

7. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

This is a myth that has been propagated here - there is nothing old Ming Yao. He has just been exposed.

The reason why Stevie and Cat never liked passing him the ball was because they felt he was not good enough. This was also why Mr. Mean ripped him hard and benched him alot in favor of the hapless Cato when he took over for RudyT.

The truth is that very few players have had the franchise do so much to make him happy, comfortable and successful. The Rox, for the sake of Yao;

1. Shipped out Steve Francis

2. Shipped out Mobley.

3. Went out to land Stromile and made him priority in the offseason.

4. Shipped out Jim Jackson because he was so poor in pressuring the perimeter thereby forcing Yao to comit so many fouls.

5. Sent "arranged" Faizon to China for his sake.

The list goes on and on. Maybe it is time Yao start paying us back for all the sacrifice. Maybe it is time Yao stop playing like a wuss and grow some guts.

Yao has been exposed. But there is still hope that he can turn it around but the power is in his hand. For now I do not care much for him and I am willing to say good riddance if it comes to that. The last thing we want is a glorified Darko Milicic in our hands.

The old Yao was borderline useless but we did a good job in hiding and disguising this "fact" and some others like me simply just gave him more slack. What a shame.

8. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Let me get this straight...

- We shipped out Francis and Mobley to make Yao happy? You're saying that Yao didn't get along with Francis/Mobley, so Les just decided to cater to his every whim? The top 5 player we brought to the team had nothing to do with that at all?

- We got Stromile explicitly for Yao? For what? Let me guess...Yao was tired of getting posterized 4 times a year by Swift so he asked Les to sign him? Our thin depth at the PF spot last year played no part in that decision?

- We got a better perimeter defender in order to prevent Yao from having to stop drives? Getting a better defender doesn't help the team at all? It helps ONLY Yao because Les is spoiling Yao by allowing him to slack on defense?

Damn, you're starting to hate Yao so much, you're becoming utterly delusional. What's next? Yao is the reason why there are starving children in this world? :rolleyes:

#8 Kyrodis, Nov 25, 2005
  9. deepblue

deepblue Member

wow, last few games sure have turned some YOFs into Yao haters.

10. choujie

choujie Member

Some fans just get too emotional, think with heart instead of brain. The fact is for the season so far, Yao is the guy who kept most of those games close, who has the best +/- differential when he's on the court http://www.82games.com/0506/0506HOU.HTM , who has the best per differential on Rockets.http://www.82games.com/0506/0506HOU5.HTM. Look at the rest 4 positions, Rockets are just way below average at GP and SG, below average at PG and SF. How can a team like that win?

Yao is becoming a scapegoat. It's Yao's fault that our PFs can't grab a rebound or guard a player, it's Yao's fault our guards can't penetrate, pass and make open jumpers. It's Yao's fault that opponents always get open looks at 3 point line, It's Yao's fault that Deke can no longer be effective and give Yao some much needed rest.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I want my own ming too...

are they on sale?

12. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I'm willing to bet my left nut that the majority of the owners in the NBA would've traded Francis and company for T-Mac back then, with or without Yao Ming on their team.

I'm a little tired at hearing all this "Yao is a wuss why can't he post up" argument. Yao has a higher center of gravity and therefore it is hard for him to get position against someone who is lighter but much closer to the ground.

#12 vwiggin, Nov 25, 2005
  13. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Old Ming isn't playing anymore. He's busy managing Yao Sports bar. :D

14. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Hey CRANKyanker are you attempting to be funny? You are not. You are an *******. If you are just frustrated, go back to yanking... maybe that will help you.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Good post. Now there's some stats that mean something. It also gives credence to starting Swift and Head and benching Howard and Anderson.

Player On Court +/- Off Court +/- Team Net +/-
    Baxter +92.9 -4.9 +97.8
    Ming +0.0 -15.1 +15.1
    Norris +1.8 -5.1 +6.9
    McGrady -0.9 -7.0 +6.1
    Barry -3.0 -6.2 +3.2
    Head -3.7 -5.5 +1.8
    Swift -4.3 -5.1 +0.9
    Wesley -5.2 -4.1 -1.0
    Bowen -5.7 -4.5 -1.1
    Mutombo -7.1 -4.2 -2.9
    Alston -6.7 -3.3 -3.5
    Anderson -6.5 -2.3 -4.2
    Howard -11.9 +3.6 -15.5

16. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

And many subtle Yao haters into bona fide ones. ;)

17. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

This is totally uncalled for. You are an Assxxxx.

18. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

ToothYanker, you're a complete idiot. If you don't add anything to the conversation, go away.

19. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

toothyanker you are an idiot

normally I wouldn't care

but since everyone's attacking toothyanker... peer pressure...

20. ty185

ty185 Member

ugh... how are ANY of those above a "sacrifice" to rox? care to enlighten me please??