1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I want an italian greyhound puppy - where to look?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jan 11, 2018.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Clothesline if you're being nice, straight decking if you wanna make a point.

SIL

2. Buck Turgidson

4 acre fenced area also works. ;) Let them out into the bigger "yard" when you're with them and they need to work around other animals.

the clothsline b/t 2 trees, as a dog run, is a great thing to do when you're not around and the weather permits.

Nook likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My sister has a Whippet, and has had him for several years. It was a "rescue" dog from the racetrack, dogs that aren't competitive for whatever reason. Like the larger Greyhound (they look very much alike, except for size, IMO), these are active dogs and need exercise to thrive. My sister's dog isn't the brightest light bulb in the proverbial doghouse, but she loves the critter. I'd rather have a Labradoodle, but they cost an arm and a leg. They are highly intelligent, possessing the best attributes of both breeds. I have my second one, a female this time, and the only dog I'd trade her for would be the reincarnation of my first Labradoodle (a male), The Wonder Dog.

(sorry, but I'll shamelessly use any excuse to praise Labradoodles, who can be had in different sizes - from 20-25 lbs., up to well over 80 lbs. My female weighs 72 lbs. - they are truly incredible dogs and great for people with dog allergies, but have gotten amazingly expensive)

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Get a real dog.

Nook, Invisible Fan and pippendagimp like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my cousin just got one of those labradoodles. i had never heard of them before. when she sent me the first pics with all those wavy curls i was like "it looks like a genuine van gogh"

Deckard likes this.
  6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Will be hard to find iggy dogs at a shelter, but I agree it's better than buying through a breeder.

Italian greyhounds can be great dogs, we had to put ours down 1 year ago yesterday and my wife is ready to get another one.

Outlier likes this.
  7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Oh man, best of luck. I can't imagine putting my dogs down. I always tell people I'll go before they go.

Mkay.

SIL

8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I second those saying that u better be ready for the commitment. My 1st ever dog ended up being the one my sister got for her birthday but didn’t really want to take care of after a month.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.