1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I thought I was done with hurricane Rita!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Oct 6, 2005.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Today I come to work only to find out that even though the mayor said my zone should wait until Tuesday to come back, they're making everyone fill out forms for vacation on that day. I work for the City of Houston so I'm sure you can imagine how many people I'm talking about. It's even worse for people like me who have only been around a couple of years because it still takes us over a month to earn just a single day of vacaton.

What I need to find is an article that shows the zones the mayor set up showing the locations each zone covers and the days each particular zone can return. I've been looking for a while and am having troubles. If I could get some links so the articles I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Pugs

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I don't know if it was from Houston, but I remember the Chronicle having a map that showed the different zones...

I'll try and look...

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They're making you use a vacation day?!?!?!?!?

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

6. pugsly8422

I found that map Longhorn, but the problem is at the top I think the date is messed up because it says "25th" on all of them. :(

Pugs

7. Isabel

Isabel Member

That is just evil. :mad:

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

That's ridiculous. I would refuse to do it. That's hypocritical of the people who were telling you to stay away to do.

9. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Me too. The school said essential staff should return Wed 12:00. My boss said "Don't bother. Just come in on Thursday morning when the students return." Result? I have to use a half day vacation.

10. pugsly8422

I can't really refuse to do it, but I can file grievance once they actually take away my vacation. The only problem is it will be filed against the guy at the head of my department (his boss is the mayor).

Pugs

11. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I had to return to work Monday, and I live (and work) in Clear Lake.

12. pugsly8422

Right, supposedly they did the same thing here, the only this is...I'm not essential staff. That's messed up, your boss should be penalized for that...not you.

Pugs