1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think this trade deadline, the Rockets will definitely choose a direction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jan 8, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Please point out the posters you are refering to? I'm guessing you don't really know of any that fits your discription.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You have to suck to get a rose or get super lucky like the bulls.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It does help when the Bulls got the best luck in NBA draft history

4. ribbit

ribbit Member

Impressive! :grin: LOL!

They may win championship(s) in the near future, but, till then...

5. houseofglass21

Bulls aren't that great. Rose carries them on his back, and chokes when it counts.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

To answer your question. Right now, we are winning.

7. Miracles Boys33

i'm trying to figure out who can we trade to get a superstar or back up center

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Actually, after watching the Bulls-Heat game, my first impression was how crummy the Chicago offense is, and how other than Rose and maybe Noah, the Bulls team looks really thin and average in talent. The second thing that struck me is how the Heat consistently tightens up and chokes on offense at crunch time and could use someone else who can score on their own to loosen things up.

So, what I took out of the game is that the Rockets may lack the starpower of Rose, James, and Wade, but the Heat and Bulls lack the depth of the Rockets. At some point there is going to be a team that wants to trade a star for better depth, and at that point the Rockets can cash in some of their wealth of solid players. I agree that the Rockets as built are not a real championship contender. But the Rockets have really solid players 1-8, and that is more than you can say for a lot of teams, even the Bulls and Heat.

2 people like this.
  9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think you can easily get a 1st round pick for Bud, the question is how high. Lottery? No. Number 28 pick? I think Bud has proven he is better than a 2nd round selection.

10. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I agree, the bulls are lame.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Missed two clutch free throws today against Miami that would have put Bulls ahead.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Our best shot at getting a superstar is if Howard gets traded to the Lakers forcing the nets to give up on DWill. If we can get him and hold on to the Knicks pick we are in a pretty good situation going into next year.

13. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

When is the trade deadline?

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

March 15

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They made bad picks...they traded away a player in aldridge they shouldn't have. It's all a risk either way...and staying on the treadmill doesn't sound attractive either. There is no surefire approach...but our GM has come out and said it's obviously easier to rebuild if you have higher draft picks than if you do not have higher draft picks.

I've also been led to believe that our GM is smarter than everyone else...if that's the case, we shouldn't have the same problems the Bulls did in the draft.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Montajaunes and sergio are our future role players we need a star who can play with them. We need to keep a major swing player at the two position. I say keep our two guards and use our lowrey as trade asset. We all know point guards are easier to find than quality shooting guards.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i find it hard to believe we will keep both euro players for much longer...maybe motiejunas but not llull... and i dont think lowry is going anywhere without it involving dwight...

you dont trade our closest thing to an all-star(lowry) for someone to play with our future role players(if they arent traded)...

cant see that happeneing at all...

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think context of that post has been altered due to the thread merge. I was being sarcastic to a TC who wondered about our direction after watching a Bulls game.

I'm as pro-tank as anyone. When the trade deadline rolls around I still want the Rockets to trade some of their rotation players for picks/youngsters to build for the future. I want us to miss the playoffs and perhaps get in position to get a top 3 pick. I might change my opinion if Morey can trade up for a guy that would put us in contention. But otherwise I still see this team as a rebuilding one.

I just found it funny that someone would use the Bulls as an example for how the Rockets should build their team.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ditto, but I made the decision that the Org is just not going to tank becaues Le$ won't let them, so rather than be frustrated by watching them eeek into the playoffs, I am just going to enjoy the ride, with no expectations whatsoever.

DD

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I think Llull stays (well at least until we get his stock up). He's basically Dragic #2 on a 2nd rd pick's rookie contract. Plus we paid Denver 2mil for him (pretty high for a second rounder) so he must have some value to Morey.