1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Nene will be available at the trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

When you look at it, Nash/Nene both expire after next year which alligns yourself up nicely if Dwight Howard and Chris Paul become available after 2012.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Nene is giving Denver 74% of Scola's points on basically half of Scola's shots per game. That means an extra 7-8 shots for somebody else in the offensive system. If those shots are given to another player who barely gives you a point per shot (Raferesque), you still come out ahead offensively with Nene over Scola. Now, move to the defensive side of the court. No comparison. Moving Scola for Nene is a no-brainer.

3. OkayAyeReloaded

I would only trade for Nene if we got Carmelo in the process, or for a low price.

He really is a solid center, but he is no star or even a borderline star. He is a career 12 pts and 7 rebounds and about 1 block a game. He also has had injury problems his career where he has missed whole seasons, he averages about 56 games played a year so far in his career.

Hill's ceiling is right about the same level as his or maybe a little more give or take. Hill is younger, hasn't shown any injury plagued seasons, and probably will average more blocks per game (which possibly could create a wash with Nene's high shooting percentage, being a few years older, and health history)

I would still take him, but not at a high expense as Hill and Patterson could potentially be our solid front court of the future.
    I'm all for trading for a star, but I think sometimes we get so eager for a trade we bite at any good player (which would leave us less resources to get a bigger fish after that move, and maybe make us a little desperate in the short term)

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nene is traveling with anthony. The nuggets are going to get the draft picks and favors for nene and anthony. I cant say I'm 100% but I think its a really good chance. Denver is also trying to get NY involved as crazy as that sounds from what i hear if they cant get Nene by themselves. Nene to ny,chandler and curry to denver, anthony to nj favors and murphy to denver along with some picks. Its possible morey can get into the mix and get something, but the rockets will get the throw in player like chris anderson or something. Also, both of these teams will be looking at chris paul in another year so they don't want to give up too much. Both felton and harris have the same number of years left as the time paul can eto.

5. gah

gah Member

I would give one of Patterson or Hill + Scola to get Nene and someone else (that someone else has to be good, we would give a lot there).

You have to be satisfied with a future starting frontline of Nene+ Hill/Patterson, not elite but fairly solid on both ends of the floor.

I remember when the Nuggets traded Camby even I thought they were trading away their best defensive center, turns out I was wrong, as a lot of people in Denver give testament to.

Nene may not rebound or block shots as much as you'd like, he may not be that good at defending the pick roll, but he is as solid as they come when it comes to big man presence and man on man defense, what makes the Modesto Monster capable of defending centers is his strength, Nene gives you that plus he solves Chuck’s weaknesses in not allowing people to shoot and rebound over him.

In Offense, that very same strength is what makes Nene lethal getting underneath the basket, there’s no stopping him unless you foul and by the way he is making his free throws at an 80% clip. Nene is a Morey type efficcient player.

ideally J Hill finally gets it and we keep him, then we have one of the best frontcourts in the league.

Unless Scola keeps swimming against the current, I think his value is at a peak right now and as much as I love him I would let him go if he is not going to play alongside a big defensive presence.

6. gah

gah Member

Man if that happens then I would be 0 for 2, as in centers I want in this team. I bet Morey too, he must have tried his best to get Gortat here, I am sure he'll try his best to do the same with Nene, hopefully his magic works this time around. I am getting restless as I saw Gortat and Nene as the most reasonable and attainable talented guys we could trade for without giving much.

7. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

This is exactly what i am thinking... and all i think it will take is jefferies patterson and Budinger/or a pick... and i am totally down for that

NENE/Miller
    Scola/Hill
    Battier/T-Will
    Martin/Lee
    Lowry/Brooks

This team would be able to defend and run with anyone.... and for the most part they are young...

8. Sanity2disChaos

I agree....NeNe is a beast and it would be nothing short of a blessing from God to have him on our team.....But you cant get something for nothing so if this is a realistic possibility then expect a big to be trade bait...i.e...Hill,Scola,PatPat...dare i say hayes......IT IS WRITTEN

9. Sanity2disChaos

You guys act like you can walk outside and pick a CENTER of a tree or something!!!WTF.....If this is our best option or maybe even our only option to stay realitive and competitive then you do it.....NeNe is top 3-5 in centers in the west and although built like a PF he plays big, tough and aggressive........He would be a force when put with our young future PF, J. Hill...IT IS WRITTEN

10. University Blue

Wow, would it make sense??!! I would love to see a backcourt of Harris and Martin.

Hey, let's get Phoenix involved, and bring Gortat to Houston, too.

11. jopatmc

Nene is redundent in New Jersey with Lopez. I think it would be more likely Nene comes here and Scola goes to NJ, while Denver gets Jeffries and the Clippers 2nd rounder or perhaps our 2012 first rounder with lottery protection.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nene
    2010/11: $11.36 million, 2011/12: $11.6 million (Player Option)

versus

Luis
    2010/11: $7.775 million, 2011/12: $8.591 million, 2012/2013: $9.408 million, 2013/14: $10,224 million, 2014/15: $11.041 million (partially guaranteed-team option)

If you look at the salaries and production from the viewpoint of the LT, I don't think it's a "slam dunk" at all, at least this season and next season. Of course, we have no idea what the league's next contract with the players will look like. I would be shocked if Nene opted out of his last year, just as I would be shocked if the Rockets pay all of Scola's last year, unless he's producing in line with his contract. Personally, I'd rather keep Luis, but then I'm a big fan of his.

13. jopatmc

I understand. I'm a huge fan as well. Nene's defense though is worth the extra dollars, if there is any.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

No he's not because both are center forward types. In this day and age,thats a bonus on pick and rolls and stuff like that. Nene is a 4/5 and lopez is the same. If they get nene and carmello to go along with lopez and harris, thats a pretty strong team. The deal is Denver wants some of those picks and ny wants Nene. Both of these teams are looking at cp3 in 2 yrs. NJ has the picks and the young player to satisfy denver and ny has the young players to satisfy denver. Like I said earlier,they could be willing to help each other out. Carmello to Nj,murphy and favors,the rockets pick and another pick to denver,nene to ny, curry,randolph,and their pick this year to denver. Denver gets 2 young guys in favors and randolph plus salary removed with nene,along with the expiring of curry and martin, plus the picks. Nene to knicks make them stronger this year and next,plus he's a great complimet to amare. Nj get the premium player they want. Both ny and nj still have a chance cp3.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

nene can rebound. with that being said i still want him on this team, because he score in that em effing paint.

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

correction:

nene can't rebound. with that being said, i still want him on this team, because he score in that em effing paint

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not Nene related but...(just posted it in the 'Dish too)

Ken Berger: Mavs poised to enter Carmelo chase

Mentions Houston, Orlando as other possible trade partners for 'Melo himself or as a 3rd team in multi-team deal as you'll see below

18. OkayAyeReloaded

You, my friend Rock.

Thank you good find.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

We aren't the Thunder. All of our main guys are 23-29 years old. There's no point in getting a project center like Thabeet or Aldrich when you can get someone better than all 4 players you mentioned combined who is only 28 years old. Nene will only be a year older than Kevin Martin, and we can roll with Nene, Scola and Martin for the next 5-7 years.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

he can defend and score. That's good enough for me, Scola can rebound, and with Kevin Martin converting at 63% TS we don't miss a lot anyway.