1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Nene will be available at the trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Dude Nene/Scola/Hill is a good rotation and if Yao resigns and returns Yao/Scola/Nene our international front-court. Nene will be a difference maker. Why i think he'll be just fine is, ball-movement and player movement. This team really don't dominate the ball like Anthony does. So add his mobility/athleticism he's going to get a lot of dunks.

2. valorita

valorita Member

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I believe Nene was only 19 years old when he came out of Brazil.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I have this funny feeling that Morey is deeply involved in this push by the Nets to acquire Melo and add other championship quality players to play with him and Lopez. Scola makes too much sense in NJ playing alongside those two with Lopez having his back defensively. I would not be one bit surprised if Scola and Brooks have been made available to help NJ get Melo and bring Nene and somebody else in here. Nene does not make sense in NJ with Lopez, unless NJ is sending out Lopez along with Favors and taking back Melo and Nene. But that is essentially a sideways move. If NJ could park Scola next to Melo and Lopez, that is the start of something big.

Morey is most likely playing this deal with the Nets to increase his leverage to get what he wants out of the Knicks for a draft pick back.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Don't discount the impact that the DPE could have on the Rockets' involvement as part of a "complicated four-team trade," various iterations of which the Nets and Nuggets are discussing. Either that or the Ariza trade exception.

Honestly, Morey's options are virtually limitless with his collection of assets. If only he could get another team or a star free agent to agree to trade a star/sign with the team!

6. jopatmc

Agree on all counts. But incremental upgrades are incremental upgrades. The way I see it: The East is going to become a ferocious dogfight for years to come with the Knicks, Nets, Bulls, and Magic all trying to match up with Miami. Morey is using this to play each of these teams one at a time so they can get their improvement but we continue to building upwards. Didn't include Boston here as their window is now and will probably only be open another year or two at most before they are run over by Miami and Chicago for sure. I believe Morey has played this 9 ways to Sunday as has been demonstrated by the TWill move with the Nets and prior to that the McGrady move with the Kings. Morey has played the Knicks and is still playing them for maximum value back for his assets. Now, I believe he has broadened the game to include the Nets. Wonder what will happen if Howard decides he's leaving Orlando down the line? Chris Paul???? Don't really see him coming here. I think Paul is going to fly off to wherever Melo goes. Even more shift East. That leaves Morey hanging out in the West building a dynamite team. For certain, some superstar in the West is going to eventually see the writing on the wall, and will want to come here for the opportunity to go to the Finals and compete multiple times...........against the last man standing over there after they hack and slash each other to pieces throughout the playoffs. DWill or somebody of that ilk is going to shake loose from their team and they are going to land here.

Now, just imagine if Yao got healthy a year from now.

We still got it going on. Big time.

7. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I had this hunch feeling too kinda funny somebody beat me to it. What if Favors ends up in Houston and Scola gets moved out? Basically we get Favors and Billups/Morrow

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=22wvuqc

Basically our pick goes to Denver along with both of NJ's picks since they don't want to take on any salary.

8. Txang99

Txang99 Member

I'd love to have Nene here, but only if we don't have to give up Hill to get him. A Hill/Nene front court would be beastly for the next few years.

9. jopatmc

No, Favors ain't coming here. He's the biggest reason why Denver does a deal sending Melo to NJ, to get him back, along with picks and other young talent....possibly Hill......and dumping another salary or two so they can rebuild in a year or two with young talent, and a load of draft picks.

10. anchel

anchel Member

But he averages only 7 rebounds... I don't know.

11. jopatmc

A Nene/Patterson frontcourt would be so much better. Not to mention adding Yao and possibly other pieces.

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Boy something big can happen any day now. NJ looks like they are ready. Denver sounds like they are ready to 'blow it up' to have a fire sale. If Morey gets involved he's loaded to wheel and deal. He might be able to get an asset to help this team.

13. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Jeffries/Patterson/Bud and a pick?

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Depends. If he is a Scola with excellent defense, then he may be worth it....I guess it depends on what we give up, etc. I would not take additional contracts just for him though. He has a lot of mileage on that 28 year old body, has not exactly been the man of steel health wise, and makes 12 mil a year.

That said, what would I give up for him? Maybe Scola straight up? We sacrifice some offense for defense, but may be worth it? Or maybe a Brooks + Jeffries (not straight to Denver but maybe in a 3 way)? Or if we get the DPE, that would work but we would be taking back a looot of salary.

Its a tough one. I would be more interested in Nene if we are to pull another trade to make us a better contender. if the Nash rumors are true, then Nash and Nene are 2 players that ideally have not be targeted by fans here much, as they're older, less flashier than the Bosh / Melo types. But they may just be as effective in making us a dark horse contender short term, as they would not cost us as much (assets or cash wise), and have shorter contracts.

#74 HeyDude, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  15. AggieRocketsFan

Nene is leading the league in TS% this year and has done so for the past two years.

2010-11 NBA Nene Hilario .6868 DEN
    2009-10 NBA Nene Hilario .6305 DEN
    2008-09 NBA Nene Hilario .6447 DEN

I'm sure he is high on Morey's priority list.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Me like Beast from Brazil. Please Nene... Pretty Please....

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I would not mind Billups on this team. The reason is i want Brooks off the bench as a spark-plug. Billups can shore up a weakness in our system at that position. He gives us a post game too something unique. And he can match up to Kidd, Williams the bigger point-guards better. I think he's got another 3-4 years in the tank. And he can create his own shot. We desprately need that. Go small-ball bring in Brooks/Lowry combo and slide Lee to the three spot. Then bump Budinger out of the rotation. If we need more size we can go Lowry/Williams or Brooks/Williams manning the 1/2 spot.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The idea is certainly intriguing and if he can be acquired as mainly a salary dump for the Nuggets, we'd be crazy not to do it. He's not going to make us "instant title contenders", though.

But I would say, yes, his defense and offensive efficiency is worth $12 million a season, considering how poor we are defensively (even though most of it is due to the backcourt and our style of play).

19. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Billups is having one of his worse seasons in recent memory. Do not want. He's in steep decline.

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I just noticed that NM. I think it has to do with injury.