1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think McHale should give Bev a few "trial" starts towards the end of the preseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

yea!!!:cool:

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

Agree.

Lin was the energizer bunny when he was on Golden State.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the coaches are thinking the opposite. Better rim protection/intimidation at the basket means you can put more defensive pressure on the perimeter.

4. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Are the 2 mutually exclusive? I don't think so bro.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

anyway why are we fighting bev vs lin . Lin was also burning holiday's butt. But yea I those 4 steals in row on holiday by BEV, was sure fun to watch. :grin:

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

if anything needs to be discussed . Is the what we need to do to keep ASIK happy and stay with us. Maybe we got to show some FAN love. I got a feeling that he is going to be BIG factor for that push to the championship.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm going to try my best not to get into Lin vs Beverley this year. Just pointing out that the coaches are likely going to want their guards to apply more defensive pressure on the perimeter this year with Howard in the middle. I think Lin, IMO an underrated defender, is up to the task.

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

DMo vs TJones, Dwight & Asik coexisting, and who's gonna get cut are all more pressing issues. Lin/Bev is barely on the radar and only fans obsess over it.

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Or if Lin's jumpshot disappears and he continues to commit stupid turnovers from last year, I'd say Bev takes the spot. Given how the team played in the playoffs with Bev starting, I'd say he'll eventually become the starter

1 person likes this.
  10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That is a negative. I dont know why yall keep trying to put this man on the bench. Bev is just a high energy guy off the bench. During that playoff series how many assist did Bev have. Did he ever have over 6 assist in any of those games. You do remember he started off ice cold when he got here too. Im not a big time J-Lin fan but the youngsta can ball and will be this teams starting PG unless he gets hurt or traded.

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Again, completely overlooking the lack of Westbrook, aka the bigger reason, and not because this team started playing better.

1 person likes this.
  12. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

agreed

we should give Omer some trial starts at Center and Cassipi some trial starts at SG also

Cassipi was on fire!

13. jocar

jocar Member

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lowry as a starter had ball handling duties, scoring duties, rebounding duties and defensive duties to add along with that. Lowry filled up the stat sheet and was a constant triple double threat at one point for that reason.

Beverley wouldn't be required to run the offense with Harden on the court, nor be a scorer, nor rebound. His only focus would be spot ups and defense.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Harden does the majority of the ball handling, we don't need a distributor that gets 10 assist a game. Our pg needs to be able to simply hit open shots, play defense, and not make stupid turnovers. Westbrook was literally toying with Lin, while Lin played intimidated on offense. That series turned around when Beverly became the starter. Did you watch Jeremy Lin play any last season?

16. H-townRedOx

H-townRedOx Member

Lin isn't losing his starting position unless he gets hurt or traded, and thats how it should be. He is the better player, and allows Harden to not overexert himself on the offensive side of the ball. I could see Bev getting a start in the preseason, but it wouldn't be in place of Lin. It would more likely be a small lineup of Bev/Lin/Harden/Parsons/Howard.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the Bev/Lin debate is going to tear this fragile online community apart

18. Play07

Play07 Member

I like both but had to comment here dude did you not watch Westbrook play that second half with a (season ending injury) that he still is not healthy from, & put up numbers on Beverley that second half?

All of a sudden okc has confidence in Reggie Jackson to become a major part of okc offense because of how well and pints scored during that rockets vs okc series when Westbrook was out.

Rockets have a good chemistry with the starters they had last night, harden was able to go with the coaches plans of less ISO, Howard getting touches in post, which caused him to be more efficient on offense and defense, parsons did his job and Lin played well and gave Howard his first 2 baskets off his assist .

bev is solid and will be a major part of the rockets success but to say the rockets don't need assist & act like the starting pg plays horrible is crazy. Either u hate Lin or just on bevs ...k a lil too much

19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Actually if u watched the game mchale lin was actually pging and iniating the offense. And harden was sging. I was pretty surpised mchale ran it that way . Sweet

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Seeing if asik and Howard can play together at times and making sure he is happy with a back up role so our defense is great 48 mins. & figuring out what players can come in with the second unit and hold the lead is way more important than this bev Lin debate that people are obsessed with.