1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think it's time for Toney Douglas to start.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EarlIII, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

+1. Well said.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Seeing Lin run the 2nd team would be interesting... I think he'd be Linsanity running the 2nd unit...

Would we ever see this happen?

3. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

wait for Lin to shoot a few more airballs, and we just might get to see this...

4. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Yep. I'm sure Sampson would like nothing more. At this stage I'm not sure how much Lin would be allowed to 'run' the second unit. Ppat refused to set screens for him. I'm guessing that's an instruction that came down from the coaching staff.

5. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Your tin foil hat theories are getting kind of old. You seem to have such an inside knowledge of the locker-room and about the personal stories of some of the players.

How about making yourself a little more useful to the board and divulge some of your crystal ball magic and reveal some details on a rocket that has been melting down on Twitter all night?

6. kinein

kinein Member

haha.
    [​IMG]

7. Audioout

Audioout Member

Remember last season when we actually entertained the idea of Ish starting?

Remember Lowry playing like trash and looking out of shape for half the season?

Remember when Dragic would lose entire games for us the minute he entered the game and how he couldn't hit an open shot to save his life?

Remember we're only seven games into the season?

I don't even know why I waste my time...if you want to hate, hate, but don't try to act like you're somehow justified seven games into a season.

8. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I don't have any special knowledge. Everything I'm saying is based on what Sampson has said and what I've seen myself. Let me repost something I wrote elsewhere to illustrate:

Please feel free to let me know where in the above I'm mistaken, either in my observations or in the conclusions that I'm drawing. We know the rocket's cut Lin before. I wonder if Sampson was involved in that decision because he didn't rate Lin as a player?

I've yet to see Sampson make a single positive comment about Lin as a player or PG in any of his statements to the press.

1 person likes this.
  9. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you. People have no patience and start calling him a joke. I understand that air ball was no excuse and frustrating for fans but please be patient. Bear in mind that he is not properly being used as a playmaker but like frigging Ray Allen which he is far from being a great spot up shooter.

10. slowturtle

slowturtle Rookie

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Only thing I can think of possibly someone would come up with those excuses is..you are his agent!

11. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I'm telling you right now trying to be objective as possible that your fandom is clouding your judgement. They are all professionals. They all want to win. They all seem to really like each other despite some recent tough losses.

I don't care what obscure evidence your scrounge the internet for, I, as a logical human being, refuse to believe that there is some top-down blatant agenda against Lin. Do you really think impeding his success will keep anyone on the staff, and even in some cases players their jobs (other than the back-up point, perhaps)?

Do you know how many great coincidences/little snip-its of footage or some articles I could gather up and propose some general far out theory? I could even add in some witty prose and construct a nice little short thesis just about anything I wanted.

It's called having an agenda. If you'd like to be a constructive poster around here and get your thread creating privileges back soon, I suggest you tone it back a little bit. The internet is a place for free discussion, but there are TONS of less classier places where some of your posts belong. And that includes plenty of others' posts as well.

1 person likes this.
  12. cbk41

cbk41 Member

And you are projecting/stretching on a lot of those so-called facts and seeing what you want to see.

13. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I think you're misunderstanding me.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy or a top down agenda.

I think it's simply down to a player not being rated by the coaches who therefore don't really want to put any faith in his ability.

Why don't you tell me why you think Lin's usage rate is less than that of 46/50 PGs in the league? Lower than that of TD?

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

The idea Harden and Lin can't coexist is nonsense. It is about balance. The ball doesn't have to be glued to one of them, they should be allowed to pass between each other, and run plays from either side. This will make our offense less predictable, and benefits both. Just because Harden is a better player, doesn't mean the ball has to go to him EVERY TIME. We seeing 80% of time, Harden handles the ball, with Lin 20%. That is not a main problem, main problem is no ball movement. Ball pass to Harden, the ball stops, he will try to make a play: drive and shoot or drive and dish, or shoot a 3. He's good at those, no question, but it makes the offense too predictable, and other players are just waiting for that 1 dish out of the 3 plays he only has. It should be perfectly fine to sometime run a few small plays through Lin early in the 24, to stir up the opponents' defense, and then pass to Harden and let him do his thing, instead of ISO him and let him waste 10 seconds on clock just dribbling. This way can actually boost up Harden's efficiency, and make your offense less PREDICTABLE, and utilize Lin better.

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

100% agree. The question is I'm sure les and Morey see this as well, but are they gonna anything about it?

16. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

The first two games when Harden and Lin shared the ball equally, Harden was devestating on the opponents. Of course defenses have keyed in more on him since then, but I still think to be his most effective Harden needs someone like Lin sharing the offensive burden.

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I think Jetfuel makes excellent points. It is not some far fetched conspriacy theory u r trying to make them out to be. Instead if dismissing his argument as such, why don't you provide your own observation as to why you don't think the points are valid? Again, I don't believe Sampson or McHale has an agenda against Lin, but they clearly do not think that highly of him to let him play his game.

18. ninamu

ninamu Member

well said.

19. ninamu

ninamu Member

How about let the 6th man of the year be the 6th man of the year again?

20. ninamu

ninamu Member

Screw those 2 morons.