1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I THINK I MAY HAVE A PROBLEM

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JoshTheChild, Apr 25, 2007.

Tags:
  1. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

I am really struggling in 2 of my classes in college and the rockets have alot to do with it lol. and all season long if the rockets lost a game i wouldnt even feel good if i made a good grade on my exams! i have been glued to the rockets since 6 yrs old and now im 22. and my parents have always told me " dont not do your HW or not study because of rockets basketball" but i never did listen, i still managed to get by with my school work. but now it is harder than ever and i should be putting in more time for it, but im too hooked on our playoff run! does anybody else have this problem?

2. AkeemTheDreem86

Happening to me at work... a shame, I tell ya...

3. francisfan4l1f3

this may be a lock but here goes nothing................

................my name is Nate and im a ROCKAHOLIC

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I feel you it was the same for me, I underachived every year since 6th grade all the way through college because of Rocketball.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

in 1994, i showed up an hour late to my Old Testament final because i had to watch the end of the Rockets/Clippers first round game.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well I'm a college professor and if you think your performance as a student is suffering . . . I've cancelled classes due to the playoffs :p (I'm really good at grading papers during Rockets games too . . . NOT.)

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Here is the hard, cold fact. Regardless of how much we love the Rockets, your grades in college will have a lot more bearing on your life in 10 years than will any enjoyment you got out of the games.

Get home from class...study...watch the Rockets...study some more...go to sleep.

Get your crap done then enjoy the game.

8. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Lets see...rockets lose 4 in a row and are knocked out of the first round = no real effect to you personally.

Bad grades or fail = lose out on good job offers, can't afford to do some of the things you want like get rockets tickets or even cable to watch the rockets. Have fun watching the rockets from under 59.

Get you priorities in order

9. francisfan4l1f3

i wanna be in your class!

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

In 1995, I missed game 1 of the NBA Finals, the game with Nick Anderson's free throw chokejob, because a softball game I was playing in went into extra innings.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the Rockets over God? i'm glad you got your priorities straight. :)

12. conquistador#11

Jaja, I was about to say the same thing :p

13. Pocket Rockets

since when do a couple classes have anything to do with watching the rockets in the future? I live for the Rockets.

i was fortunate enough to be in college during the pippen/francis era, so not much playoff action there.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You should ask what Tinman did to keep himself happy all the time.

He might even let you borrow his 93-95 playoffs tapes.

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

You mean the Portland Clippers?? :D

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Man it was twice as bad around finals at school. I would just have to man up. I would watch the games and just stay up all night studying till next morning. Excedrin did the trick for me.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Rockets/Horry fan since 7, die hard/obsessive since 13 (started with the Francis era). I'm a sophomore in college now and having the same problem. Instead of completing a huge packet of work/essays due this morning, I goofed off all week, watched all the league playoff games I could, and went down to the Rockets game Monday night. Needless to say, the half-ass job I did made me quite disappointed in myself. However considering I'm transferring to a real college this fall and everything's pretty much set, I don't really have to worry about what I make this semester.

The Rockets have made me struggle with school and work plenty of times. But, as always, I forgive them. Again and again and again. :)

18. Fatty FatBastard

Wow. Good call.

We played the Clips in the first round of the 93 playoffs.

As for me, I didn't miss any games, and I was still able to do my classes, so I never had any problems. Plus, school was out both years by the time the third round began, so it wasn't too difficult.

I did miss almost all of game 7 in 1995 against the Suns due to my cousin's wedding. I booked it out of there as quickly as I could. Got to a watching area with only two minutes left in the game. But at least I got to see Mario Elie's shot at the end.

#18 Fatty FatBastard, Apr 25, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You act like you're the only one... and that you need help. We all have that problem. I know that if the ROCKETS lose, the next day no one can stand me at work. :(

In fact, when they win, I am ready to do work. :D

WTF. I can't believe I just said that. :eek:

20. TracyMcCrazyeye

Here's a solution: take summer school.