1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I get that... but I think that's part of upping our risk profile. Believe me, I would rather have a Jimmy Butler or something like that. But were in an arms race and we need more guns.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean it's obvious if the rockets are forced with this hand then I wouldn't be surprised if they do it. That doesn't mean it takes a step forward which I don't believe it does. In fact it likely goes backwards instead of even being on par with what they were last year.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I posted his comments from after the season where he made clear he had zero interest in a bench role or in having a limited role in the offense

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure Melo was spending time with his kid or working on his business ventures... when is the buy out happening...?

5. justtxyank

Will be interesting to see if he actually gets stretched. I know if saves 90 million this year but by stretching him it effectively guarantees them to be a luxury tax team for the next 4 years even if they add no other players. A fan on Reddit did some calculations assuming the spend the taxpayer mle that showed stretching Melo could cost them 40 million a year for three years or something

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Morey thought enough to try to acquire him last year (and had a deal that NYC backed out of).... acquire him probably at CP3's behest.... so you're telling me if this guy is willing to play here next year at $2 or $3M, you would be against it?

7. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Why wouldn't they trade him to Chicago rather than stretch or buy him out?

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lol.

9. justtxyank

They’ll definitely try to trade him but he does have a no trade clause and there’s no team that could absorb him without sending some money back.

10. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Chicago has the room to absorb him. But I didn't know about the NTC.

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

That could be true

However, you would think since he has a popular twitter account he would have at least congratulated PG13 on there if he really planned on being in a OKC uni next season

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey only wanted him for Ryan Anderson which is pretty much the same as Morey not wanting him because no one is taking Ryno. If you’re only willing to give up trash that nobody would want for something, do u really want it? U can see what Morey actually thought of Melo, and that was before he looked washed, had the worst season of his career, and further showed that he’s not willing to be a team player.

I only want Melo if he’s willing to accept a 20 mpg bench role. Based off his comments before and after the season, he has no interest in doing so.

LorneMalvo and Sadboy like this.
  13. esketit

esketit Member

okc is convinced having carmelo on the roster and roberson injured got them smoked by a rookie and probably cost them a championship. they also think that westrbook is grooming guys like oladip and sabonis so that when they are set free they get to show what they have learned from russ and it has nothing to do with russ cramping their skills. dont listen to that toxic fanbase. they have been mind ****ed by durant and will forever be a salty bunch of morons.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Hey

15. esketit

esketit Member

o sorry if i upset a westbrick fan.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You better watch it woman

YOLO and J.R. like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Seems like things are really heating up.

DonKnock, joshuaao and Snow Villiers like this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Anthony will most likely end up a Laker. And it would be fine with me.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Would u trade melo for Anderson n whatever pieces to match his salary. U get a one year expiring, they get a usefully player. Strangly i feel ryan on the thunder will make them better. Im willing to take that straight up. We nees the flexibility next year melo would come off the books. Would both team do this anybody

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Put me down as someone strongly against acquiring Melo

bj3175 likes this.