1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I still don't understand why the Lin debate continues to rumble on.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Gil, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Gil

Gil Member

We signed James Harden and Dwight Howard in back to back seasons, Chandler Parsons looks to be a star in the making and we've been blessed with some of the best young prospects in the League yet Lin is still by far the most talked about person on this site.

The same boring and played out debates. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. This has been going on for a year now you no-life having weirdos. What exactly is there left to be said that hasn't already?

Tinman and his cronies believe he's an average player capable of extraordinary nights but don't believe his overzealous fans should be putting one player above others or blaming the coaches or teammates for his individual failures.

Lin fans are either Asians who just want to support one of their own considering American sports that severely lack Asian Americans and consider him an anomaly or just the average fan who wants to root for the likable, clean clut underdog whos living the American dream. The majority of them think he's an above average player with the potential to become a Top 10 PG in the future or even better.

Doesn't that about cover it? So why the f**k is every thread littered with the same garbage posts and arguments? Starting to strongly think the idiots that engage in this pointless debates are either masochists or 30 year old losers still living with their mother and the LOF/LOH debate is probably their height of excitement for the day.

Are tactical threads on how we could incorporate Dwight Howard into our high scoring offense too much to ask for or has this amazing forum forever been ruined by these morons?

You can blame LOF's all you want but some of the biggest offenders are long time posters or obvious trolls like iJHolmes who people keep quoting for reasons unknown to me.

Can't wait till Football Season starts again and I can completely avoid this forum until at least the beginning of pre-season.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

There is no day without new Lin thread.

3. PatBeverleyFan

Tell'em why you mad son!

4. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Many on CF have asked the same, or similar questions, and I think that if we were all sensible, reasonable, and logical about it, the debates would ended a long time ago.

There seem to be a lot deep seated emotional issues with some posters. If someone calls me a racist for criticizing a player's performance, then there's really no discussion to be had because CF is not the right environment to have meaningful dialogue and come to a mutual understanding. When threads devolve into name calling, the discussion is over.

Most everyone wants this to be over. We collectively just don't know how to do it yet.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Whatever the issue is, I'm sure this thread will solve it.

Thanks, OP. We needed another Lin thread.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Someone finally solved the problem.

Quick, lets cures AIDS while we're on this hot streak.

7. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

People just need to acknowledge and accept that fan hood is different nowadays. We are in the new age.

8. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

New age or not, I'd like to think that mutual respect and understanding are still valued, that name calling is still considered childish.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Matt Schaub = Jeremy Lin

10. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I agree about the name calling.

11. ada32

ada32 Member

Gil:

Another day, another Lin thread in Clutchfans!

Since you just solved the Lin problem. Let's work on cure for common cold!

12. kumakun

kumakun Member

because people have nothing to write about this summer thats why you notice Asik, Harden specific threads are minimal because people dont really care on a person level. Even when Asik said he doesnt want to be here, little personal remorse was taken and few defended him on a personal level. Lin however has the biggest haters and lovers in this fan base ever. People hate him and love him and then people start clashing. I mean this isnt necessarily an Asian type its just some people feel more emotionally attached to Lin after Linsanity and how he was treated all his life in the basketball world.
    Its basically in like Miami, there Miami fans and then you got LBJ fans and apparently a lot of LBJ fans would follow LBJ wherever he goes.

13. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

My fingers went to fast. I actually agree with your post..the entire post. :)

14. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Cause people keep making stupid threads about him. Every time it starts to die down, somebody makes another thread or bumps an old one...

15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Gil for the Nobel Peace Prize.

16. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Thanks for making another thread for an average NBA PG. I was wondering who would the idiot to start off the new day. Congrats.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

OP tells the truth.

18. ada32

ada32 Member

Lin did an amazing run in New York and created Linsanity.
    I strongly believed he was overrated! He needs improvements in his game and it is not a finished product yet.

I was not a Lin fan until one day several months ago, my friend emailed the link to me:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u3cfLvCsm54?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After viewing the video, I was impressed by this young man!
    Am I a Lin Only Fan?
    No way, but I will root for him! I feel the empathy for this kid!

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I just want him to hit his ****ing wide open three pointers, is that too much to ask?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't know if you are being sarcastic. This kind of unending droning is exactly what causes the unending Lin war.

Lin critics: He doesn't fit because he can't hit the 3.
    Lin fans: He is not a bad 3pt shooter. Look at his average in the second half of the season.
    Lin fans: He is not a bad 3pt shooter. Look at his average in the second half of the season.

1 person likes this.