1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I still dont get...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTOWNTAKEOVER, Jun 23, 2016.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. He doesn't affect the game like Bev.

2. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

This. And don't underestimate the ego of Billionaires.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

when i think about the fact that we probably could have moved Dwight for a pick, that the DMo pick never happened, and that we traded our pick for Lawson; and now have no 1st round picks ....WTF?

4. alethios

alethios Member

Now I are depressed :(

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yes because Durant is stupid enough to believe that winning one more game, being a cluster ****, firing your coach, and hiring antoni is so much better.

Delusional.

OP you are right and I stated in numerous times. All the people calling others out to tank were in fact the fake rockets fans even though they called other people that.

6. MONON

MONON Member

End of discussion!!!

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

What?? You didn't enjoy that exciting 1 point victory over the Warriors in the first round? That wasn't worth it?

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL,

so you are not going to watch this team at least in the next 4-5 years?

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Exactly. This gets back to the ego of the owner and at this point if Morey can't curse him out and put his foot down when it comes to the right decision what good is he to anyone? You have to stand your ground when it comes to the personnel and coaches. Lose 1 game gain a first round pick, complete the DMo trade, first round pick. Trade Dwight because you know you are not keeping him, first round pick. Trade him earlier in season when value is higher and you already know team is broken get more assets and possibly suck bad enough to get top of the lottery. Reality is reality. The quicker you accept it and plan to move forward the quicker you recover...or you can be the Rockets and have a happy owner today that will be pissed tomorrow.

10. pass_to_Hakeem

ALL OF THIS ^^^^

If you aren't playing to win a damn championship , you aren't a competitor and shouldn't be in professional sports!!

What athlete says "let's tank it this year fellas"

smh!!

11. pass_to_Hakeem

"Let's tank and get a high draft pick for the team"

... Wow

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Obviously. Only logical reason for the Rockets to try to make the playoffs is because Les wanted some playoff ticket sales revenue.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Morey apologizes for giving you 5 extra games to watch and giving you a very small championship chance. He also said to get the **** outta here. ****in rook.

14. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

so you content at being mediocre?

15. houtown

houtown Member

Any players who intentionally tank is pathetic, I honestly do not get why you would root for your team not to make the playoffs in the NBA. It is not a good look, and seems to be symptomatic of someone with a losers mentality.

16. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

because I wanted to get a least something positive out of the Lawson trade. making the playoffs does nothing for us especially our young players since JB didn't want to play the young guys. Now we are in a pathetic situation.

No free agent is going to care that we made the playoffs being a mediocre team. Making the playoffs was pointless and stupid.

17. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

My guess is like a marriage that went bad in the 2nd year and folks were in denial thinking if they could just get into the playoffs that they could make things work.

18. amaru

amaru Member

#experience

19. JD88

JD88 Member

I guess I said I wasn't going to watch them?

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah our past mid first rounders have brought us to the promise land right

What a team Jeremy Lamb, Marcus Morris, Patrick Patterson, Royce white, Terrence Jones are. That's a championship team right there