1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I sorta understood when francis and Cat didn't pass the ball to Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Jan 18, 2005.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i do not agree. I agree with What DoD said. I like yao alot. i think he is very talented. But if Francis, moochie, cat, jj, wesly, sura, lue, ward and any other guard we ever had can't get im the bal, it is logical that it might be because of Yao, or because of the defense.

i do not think that you can blame everybody and not look at Yao. A big problem for Yao is getting good position, if you give him the bal when he has bad position he cannot do alot with it. so we better look for other good options on offense, like T-Mac.

i think Yao wil learn to get good position, but he isn't there yet.
    So there is a way to say something not positive about Yao and still think that he is a good player.

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I do not hold brief for DoD but if you are inferring that he is a hater then you sir must be a dunce. Why on God's green earth must he hate Yao? Nobody really hates Yao save for maybe Juugie but explaining all of that to you and your ilk is tantamount to giving credence to rubbish.

3. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

You don't hold brief for him? So what are you doing? If you have a point to make, make it. If you don't, then you are the dunce.

If DoD has a point to make, he can do so himself.

Why on God's green earth must someone hate Yao? How should I know? How do you know that someone does not?

My definition of the lovers and haters are simple.
    1) Lovers are those who think Yao can do no wrong.
    They make excuse for everything Yao does wrong.

2) Haters are those who think Yao can do no right.
    They only point out the mistakes Yao made and they never acknowledge the things he did well.

I don't call people haters if they simply make good arguments and point out Yao's mistakes, maybe provide inputs on what went wrong and how to improve ...

Look at the post I responded to, does it sound like it came from a fan? After a guy scored 20 pts on 7-12 FG, grabbed game hi on rebounds and all he could say was how he had a good laugh watching Yao getting position? Hell, if that is not a hater, what is it?

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought that is why he left Orlando

Rocket River

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I thought that's one of TMac's weak spot, he doesn't go to post enough. How many points has TMac averaged a game from the post? How many has Yao avaraged?

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I'm not trying to find excuse for Yao, but based on your logic, the only other thing didn't change is JVG and his coaching. Is it possible that no one can consistently feed the post under his system? Yao's first year won't count since Francis and other openly said that Yao was a rookie, he wasn't ready.

7. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

Well, the answer is very simple...Tmac doesn't get the deep position that Yao does...he gets pushed muched further out where there are fewer defenders and it is much easier to receive a pass. This is partially by design.

This is no knock on Tmac, but since you asked...how often do you see TMac fight off defenders deep in the paint, receive the ball, turn around and score? Answer: Not often at all.

Don't try to compare Yao posting up to TMac...there are a million variables that make it impossible to be fair, such as the ones I mentioned and the fact that refs allow way more contact for big guys, and particularly against Yao.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I have been noticing that you seem to enjoy bashing Yao Ming quite a bit.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Someone who doesn't see the world in black and white... pause and reflect.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I bash Yao when he needs to be bashed. I praise him when he plays well. If you've noticed me bashing him quite a bit, tell him to play better.

11. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I didn't realize Yao had multiple lovers.

... maybe jealousy was why Steve and Cat never passed him the ball.

:p

theSAGE

12. stevenzh

stevenzh Member

Since Yao will never be Shaq, we could Keep bashing this guy, win or lose we only care about stats, by the way tell sura freeze this guy out and we could have good laughs at every game.

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

dude...I dont understand you..your logic is mineboggling!

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't want Yao to be Shaq - he can't be at this stage of his career, and quite frankly I don't think the refs will allow it. Part of his problem this year has been refs, but maybe 70% of his issues this season has been himself.

Can you blame JVG's offense for Yao's problems? Sure you can. But JVG's isn't telling Yao to miss point blank hookshots and dunks repeatedly. JVG's offense isn't causing Yao to misshandle perfect passes thrown to him. The passes he fumbles are usually hard-thrown passes, but ones he should be able to catch.

I sometimes think we've placed too high an expectation on Yao. We've been spoiled by Hakeem and hell, maybe even Ralph. Either JVG needs to change his offense or Yao needs to figure it out. Based on everything I've heard, JVG ain't making major changes to his offense anytime soon.

The thing I dislike most about Yao is that when he's having a bad offensive game, he's usually having a bad game period. When TMac has a bad shooting game, 90-95% of the time, he's still making plays on both sides of the ball. Yao, on the other hand, has to be benched in favor of a 100 year old tree from Zaire named Dikembe.

On the positive side, I'm happy Yao's stamina allows him to play more than 30-32 mpg if needed - or it seems like it anyway. I guess I can wait to see if things improve... that's my M.O. for anything Rockets anyway. :D

15. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

[​IMG]

"stevezh, your logic truly is mindboggling. Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the Rockets outweigh the needs of the Yao."

:p

theSAGE

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

that is also possible. I'm not saying it is al Yao's fault, but i think it is partly his own fault. It can also be the fault of Van gundy. I'm not sure about that.

17. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Bob "Mr. Freeze" Sura

[​IMG]

18. stevenzh

stevenzh Member

Everybody in the world knows who i am responsing to, save your judgement of the logic on your own.