1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need to know about Girl Scout Cookies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Nov 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Non-pedo thread.

I've been meaning to ask someone about this for years.

I have virtually no sweet-tooth, yet Thin Mints are full of so much goodness and win that I need to know when, where, and how I can acquire them.

Do Girl Scouts go door-to-door like little Jehovah's Witnesses but with cookies instead of indoctrination? Cookie indoctrination? Cuz I'd be all over that. Do you order them online (the cookies, not the Girl Scouts)? Do they have a booth set up in the mall? Are the cookies seasonal? Do Girl Scouts even exist because I honestly don't think I've ever actually seen one in real life. If I capture one do I get free cookies like with a leprechaun and his three wishes or pot of gold or lucky charms or whatever the hell they give you? Girl Scouts are like this big mystery to me, but with f***ing cookies. Every once in awhile, I'll show up at a friends house and they'll have Thin Mints and I'll wind up eating them all and get so lost in the Thin Mint bliss that I'll completely forget to ask where I might procure some.

Help me out, y'all. I'm fiending something fierce.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Usually, they'll hang out in front of grocery stores.

Those damn lazy girls. Do their parents not want them knocking on my door or something?

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

4. The Bird

The Bird Member

if i remember correctly they sell them around the end February and you can normally find them outside of your local groceries stores like krogers and wal-mart

5. The Bird

The Bird Member

6. Lynus302

You've got to be kidding me. I've been buying my own groceries and cooking my own food for 15+ years now and I swear I've never seen a girl scout selling any damn cookies outside of any damn grocery store. It's not like I sleepwalk into Wal*Mart or Kroger or something....

7. Lynus302

Lol @ "Find Cookies Now"

51 days 23 hours 52 minutes

It told me "NOW," dammit!!

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZczseYnlYZc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZczseYnlYZc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Depends on the area, but typically a troop will be posted up at HEB/Kroger on the Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I can't resist the urge, always end up snagging 5-6 boxes. Caramel Delights are dank, and frozen Thin Mints are orgasm-inducing.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Go to the cookie aisle at the store and buy Grasshoppers. They're made by Keebler. They're not exactly the same as Thin Mints but are very similar and you can buy them all year round.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I always get them from the girls booth outside of Safeway. When I was growing up, we would always buy them from a neighbor girl who would come by our door. Its strange that you have experienced neither.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Take note: the Thin Mints can be frozen, so stock up! I enjoy eating them right out of the freezer actually.

My wife is a veteran Cookie Mom. You work in a hospital, right? There's bound to be an order form floating around when ordering commences. Most of the moms and dads take their daughters' order forms in to their places of work and circulate them-- more than door-to-door anymore.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I do the same thing, they taste even better then they are really cold

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

On a similar subject, there is a brew pub in Boulder than does a stout month with amateur competition. This place is an old Dead type hangout that prices all their beers at $4.20. haha.

Last year's amateur winner during stout month was called "Girl Scout Stout" flavored as the mint chocolate cookie you describe.

And they give out free tastings.

It was fun for me taking my exec's from my company there while waiting for a table at a crowded bar and several people were reaching through us asking "can I taste the girl scout."

Did the brewer actually name it "Girl Scout Stout" knowing people would ask for a taste of the Girl Scout.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Chocolate Bar here in Houston has Thin Mint ice cream. It's basically mint chocolate chip with chunks of thin mint cookies mixed in.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Perhaps they were hoping someone would say the Girl Scout goes down easy. :eek: :eek: ;)

As for the cookies, as much as I enjoy a nice thin mint, the Samoas and Tagalongs blow them out of the water. Also I will now be put on all kinds of watch lists as I have the terms Girl Scout, goes down, and blow all in the same post. :(

#16 StupidMoniker, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  17. likestohypeguy

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/PHQqr6nrrEj1-5-qC-qptQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/PHQqr6nrrEj1-5-qC-qptQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

http://www.hulu.com/watch/144704/saturday-night-live-update-john-mulaney

1 person likes this.
  18. Agent94

Agent94 Member

You sound like my dad. He does not have a sweet tooth either, but he loves thin mints. Apparently its crack for people who don't like sweets. He usually buys 10 or more boxes and freezes them so that he can keep them through the year.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Why is it not surprising that you were the first one to reply?

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Six boxes in my freezer...

$25 a box and they're yours...

holla