1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need some help from some talented liars!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Oct 15, 2001.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I just began a job working in a call-center. My schedule has me working Sunday thru Thursday from 6pm-2am. When they first gave me my schedule they had me working 4 days a week and on both Saturday and Sunday. I wanted to work 5 days instead of 4 so I had them add Wednesday to my schedule therefore giving me 5 days. In the process of them giving me 5 days, they gave my Saturday off because I told them I didn't think it was fair me to work on Saturday and Sunday. They have a requirement that every employee work either a Saturday or a Sunday each week. I want to tell them that I can no longer work on Tuesday so that I can work Sun-Mon, have Tuesday off, work Wed-Thur, have Fri-Sat off. I have only been here 5 weeks and don't really want to cause them any scheduling problems, but I am quickly getting burnt out on dealing with stupid people 5 days straight. I need a day off in between. The amount of money I am making isn't a big deal, since it is all going towards my debt anyway. I know they are going to ask me to work Friday or Saturday in exchange for having Tuesday off. I need to think of a reason why I would need to have Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday off. They know that I don't have classes this sememster, so I can't use school as an excuse. I thought about telling that I am taking some sort of computer class on my off days and that would be reason enough to get those days off. I don't think they are going to make a big deal out of it, but I want to be prepared on what to say, because I am not a good liar at all.

Any suggestions on what I could lie about?

2. countingcrow

3. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

-Those are obviously KEY volunteer days! Teaching the kids fingerpainting and stuff
    -That is obviously gonna cut into your big Brother mentoring days...
    -That is your Zoo docent work days!
    -That is your poetry group meeting nites!
    -Those are the exact days you visit your grandmother and take her out to dinner!:mad:
    -Those are your yoga nights, which are very expensive lessons!

Or just say, PLease this is my last schedule request , could I have Teusday, Friday and Saturday off as a regular thing?

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hmmmmm, in the past the Rockets have generally had a schedule which was heavily dotted with Tuesday, Friday and Saturday games.

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Just start mentioning internal organs and inflamation and they'll agree with whatever you have to say.

6. countingcrow

Does anyone know of any type of course of class that meets only two days a week that I could tell them I am taking? I plan on telling them that I attending some type of function every Tuesday and Friday from 1pm-9pm, but I don't know of anything legit that would have meeting times similar to the ones above.

How does night school usually work?

7. cson

cson Contributing Member

What about ill relatives? (maybe even out of town)

Some religious something?

How about some strange addiction?(wait..no,sorry..that sucked)

uhhh.......

8. Timing

Timing Member

Your excuses are going to have to be official business/school sounding or family related. You could say you landed a great internship somewhere and that you're required to work on Tuesdays. Or you could say some kind of family obligation won't allow you to work on Tuesdays any longer. Stuff like that. Good luck!

9. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

DAMN LIARS!

You guys are all going to hell!

:D

#9 ChenZhen, Oct 15, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2001
  10. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

oooh, internship, yeah thats nice, although a more elborate story and something of it to show may be neccessary.

I'm tellin' you Chen,
    Teusdays and Fridays Life Drawing 101, Glassell School of Art or even Art History?

Anything thats learning but not for credit!

Man, good luck, this is gonna be exciting, keep us posted!!:D

11. University Blue

Ask about the company's policy on employees working a second job. Explain to them you need the extra money.

University Blue (Moonlighting)

12. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

tell 'em the truth.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Make sure you won't do anything that Karma may take offense to. For example, if you call in and tell them your car is broke down when it's fine, your car will break down in a week or so. Needless to say, I've never used a sick relative as an excuse.

14. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Tell them thats the time you designate to your online courses.

15. Nomar

Nomar Member

Tell them you have to attend a support group for "Uncontrollable Rage" on those nights. Tell them that it is Very important that you dont miss a session, they are Very Very important to you.

16. countingcrow

It was pretty simple, guys! I just waited until about 12am, near the end of my shift, and talked to the coolest manager. She was the only one still in the call center. The main guy is an ******* and I was waiting until he left. I thought the main guy was the one that made the schedule, but I was wrong. The cool manager is the one who makes the schedule. I just told her that I was beginning a computer networking course on Tuesday, Oct. 23, and that I could no longer work Tuesdays. She checked the schedule and said that she thought they could manage it without me being there and that was it. I thought I would have to explain myself more than I had to. Easiest lie I have ever had to pull off. Now I know something bad is going to happen to me because it always does.
    Damn, looks like it is already happening. I am getting a cold sore! That is the worst!

17. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Actually it'd be bad if it wasn't a cold sore. :eek:

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

the cold sore is the result of the stress endured trying to come up with a lie!

your karma has come full circle.
    live now in peace

rH
    ;)