1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need some computer help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheReasonSF3, Dec 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

My laptop's display is totally messed up. On all the images on my computer, or one's I've downloaded from the internet, there is always like some blue stuff on it. It looks like a I spilled blue paint on my computer. It's weird. The stuff sometimes moves back and fourth really slowly. It doesn't really move a lot, it just barely moves. Does anyone here know what's wrong with it or how to find out what's wrong with it? Sometimes when I turn on my computer it's like that, but sometimes it's not. It's really frustrating.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is a sure sign of latent homosexuality.

DaDakota

3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Thanks for your help DaDakota ;). It's just so annoying with my display messed up. Not it's less enjoyable looking at pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt and Meg Ryan. :mad:

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

It only displays this blue stuff on the image itself, or on the whole screen?

5. mfclark

mfclark Member

I have a friend whose laptop does stuff like that. Usually repositioning the screen at a different angle, placing the laptop on the desk instead on an uneven surface, or tinkering with the position and location in some other manner gets it to go away for a bit, but it inevitably comes back.

It's not really an image thing, though, it's a full scren thing - a color inversion. Are the images coming up like that only in a particular part of the screen? If so, it might be some bad pixels and the screen may need to be replaced (if it doesn't already...screens shouldn't just be doing stuff like that).

Then again, if it's a random blotch here and there, it could even be a computer virus or heck, one of them flash ads you see on the internet these days (though this last one is unlikely). I'd do a through scan for virii before I did anything else to the machine, just to rule that possibility out.

6. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. It's on part of the screen too. Do you think if I take it into a computer shop they'll be able to fix it?

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Oh, so it's not just the pictures, it's a certain area of the screen?

In that case, I'd make sure that the laptop screen is properly connected to the unit internally and blow dust out of the connections.

Does it only happen in Windows, or does it happen when it's booting (in DOS)?

Does it happen at random, or only at certain times?

8. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

Hey, this is a shameless plug :), but
    My father owns a computer repair shop, Vic's Computer Service. They specialize in laptop repairs, and this fits right in there.

the phone number is:
    (713) 789-1888
    (800) 999-1827

tell them I sent you, if you go ;)
    My name is Andy.

9. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

10. mfclark

mfclark Member

Some can, some can't. Make sure that you've exhausted all of your options first before taking it in, though - stuff like Vengeance suggested. It may just be a bad connection, or it may be something more.

And, before you take it to any shop if it's under warranty, make sure you won't void it by taking it somewhere else than to the manufacturer or a licensed designee of the mfr., lest you void the warranty.

Now if it's under warranty, why not fulfill a shameless plug on the board or two, eh? heh