1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss you Rick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 20, 2014.

?

Do you miss Rick?

1. Yes

153 vote(s)
    79.7%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol at b****ing about a roster of that caliber not making the playoffs. If you have such lofty expectations, I'm surprised you aren't out with your pitchforks over this season and last.

2. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I've had a similar situation where I passed up an opportunity to end a relationship during the perfect time. That was this offseason for Rockets fans. Now we are stuck and waiting for the next chance...

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

rick adelman consistently took the timberwolves to the lottery every year. no thanks.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You are a joke of a GARM poster. Wrong on both counts.

Yao 2007-2008 37.2 minutes per game
    Harden 2014-2015 36.9 minutes per game

a 7'6"monster getting more minutes than a heavily taxed guard. Genius.

#24 Bandwagoner, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. NotChandlerParsons

Adelman had his own issues, but Xs and Os wise McHale can't hold a candle to him. Most NBA coaches can't. Even his last sub-500 Timberwolves team was #9 in offensive efficiency and #12 in defensive efficiency, beset by injuries and an incredibly flawed roster.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That roster had Kyle Lowry, Chuck Hayes and Patrick Patterson, who are leading one of the best teams in the entire NBA and just beat Memphis, who blew out the Rockets. Rick kept staying with his pets Jordan Hill and Aaron Brooks irrationally.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

A lot of posters have their head up their ass when it comes to Adelman nostalgia because he won one playoff series with a stacked roster that Morey gifted to him.

He ran Yao into the ground. Posters with search functions who have selective memory would do well to read threads from around that time to remember Adelman's horrible mishandling of Yao's minutes.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Hey r****d, (sorry I hate using that word, but it generally applies to a moron

that thinks he's smarter than he really is--on this entire forum--not just the

GARM), Harden was top 6 in MPG over the last 2 seasons. These last 11 games

are not an appropriate sample size. I don't mean to blow up on you, in case

you do have trouble associating situations and contexts, but why on god's earth

would you think of extrapolating Harden's 11 games to a cherry picked season

from Yao? Anyways, you're grossly missed in the threads you've gotten owned

in in the past, but I guess this is a new one.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

See above before you unnecessarily get Bandwagoner excited, not sure he has much these days with how wrong he usually is.

You're the only Mchale apologist that can contribute to a reasonable discussion apparently, Wah.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S6ylSfo0vYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you need to replace those 2 names with demar derozan and jonas valanciunas

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

For the record, I think McHale is pretty ****ty. I remember Adelman's terrible times too though. That's the only difference. Adelman had a very stacked roster.

I want to see that depth on the Rockets again. The only reason I can comprehend McHale being here is because the players love him.

Morey needs to produce something sooner rather than later though.

edit: And most importantly, tinman is still the worst poster in the GARM.

13. Bandwagoner

You think Harden is being over used but his minutes are the same as Yao's under Adelman. Don't post numbers or anything to back up this nonsensical argument because you will self-pwn. Threads I've been owned? Child please. As a Morey hater, you are the one who has been absent. I see you show back up to crap on our forum now. Congrats on the loss, I'm sure you loved it beaner.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

1000 WINS,

Thank you Coach Rick, we miss you, all those that don't miss you, they are Jeremy Lin fans

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Le0cZDfyRRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Bandwagoner

Where he played an average of .9 minutes per game more than a 7'6" center. Adelman is a center killer.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Jesus. Christ.

Thats the whole point. His minutes aren't more. Is reading comprehension

something we need to add to the list? Lets back up here, a higher number is

indicative of more minutes played. Yes Yao played a lot of minutes that season

and yes he was pretty big, but if you think that Mchale isn't running Harden to

the ground (yes that was my first assertion you tried to circumvent in trying to

swoop down and act all smart--only to get slapped), you are delusional.

Regarding the numbers, where you are FLAT OUT WRONG. Here is a link. I

don't have time to waste with people that b.s, or read out loud to people that

have comprehension issues. Good day Bandwagoner, I love you.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/minutes/sort/avgMinutes/year/2013

17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. Bandwagoner

What point am I circumventing? The point that was a hand waving to distract from Adelman killing yao's career? Most of your Rockets/Morey hating posts are rubbish. You seems to mostly posts after losses.

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I wouldn't say he had a stacked roster...it was a deeper roster. The problem in comparing that to the teams we are trying to build now is that we have adopted a different philosophy, one where we need 3 superstars with a below average supporting cast (most likely since its difficult to afford good role players when you're handing out max Cs like that..)

I don't really know what to say...Morey still has till the trade deadline to pull the trigger on something. I just hope he doesn't waste Dwight's prime with a below average coach when the rest of the west boasts the likes of Pop, Carlisle, and others.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No he didn't have a defensive bone in his coaching body