1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Might Have Missed This, But.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nuggets4, Dec 8, 2001.

?

Who should play Miami in the Rose Bowl?

1. Colorado

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nebraska

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Oregon

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I was without internet this past week (Thank you AT&T), but I'm curious about something.

If LSU beats Tennessee (24-20 with 7:30 left in game right now), who do you guys think should play Miami in the Rose Bowl:

<b>* Colorado</b> -- Big 12 champ. Beat Texas in championship game, and Nebraska (#1 team in country at time) 62-36. However, they also lost to Texas 41-7 earlier this season, and lost to Fresno State in week one.

<b>* Oregon</b> -- Pac-10 champ. Only one loss, but due to stregnth of schedule they are below CU <b>and</b> Nebraska.

<b>* Nebraska</b> -- 3rd in Big 12. #1 team in country until one bad game against CU. #3 in BCS standings right now.

Honestly, I don't see how Nebraska should be in just because of the fact they aren't even the second best team in their conference. Even though I am a CU fan, I personally think Oregon should go if Tennessee loses (very possible, LSU has ball on Tennessee 23 with 5:45 left right now). But I do know that Oregon's stregnth of schedule is quite a bit lower.

What do <b><i>you</i></b> guys think?

2. Band Geek Mobster

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Give me a playoff, and settle it on the field.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Colorado. It would be an absolute travesty to see Nebraska make it over Colorado after the way CU manhandled them in the season finale. I just hope the coaches do the right thing tomorrow morning.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Quack Attack but it ain't gonna happen! :mad:

6. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Agreed. As much as it goes against my Colorado blood, Oregon has the more legit gripe. However, it's CU vs UN for this, then CU deserves it. Period.

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

What a novel concept. Every other freaking sport does it that way, why not college football.

8. haven

haven Member

Eh... Oregon has neither:

1. been humiliated

or

2. been beaten twice.