1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I may lose my dog tonight :(

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SunsRocketsfan, Jul 24, 2014.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Sorry man. This is coming from a guy that lost his 2 dogs within a month of each other. You got to understand that dogs life expectancy spans are just not long enough but also understand that you probably gave that dog the best possible life in that span and that hes not suffering from old age and aches and pains anymore. At least you and he got to see each other one last time before he passed. Time heals but its tough. Hope it gets better for you. It will.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Wow that was quite sad to read. RIP.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"So we have been coming home from work every day for lunch to care for Yoshi. Today when I got back for lunch break he didn't lift his head to acknowledge me. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me and i tried to give him some water but he refused. His breathing then got heavy and I had gotten up to prepare him lunch but when i turned around he was gone. It seemed like he was waiting for me to come home to pass but I only regret i wasn't holding his paw during his last breath. I didn't know it would happen so sudden. "

This is the part that makes me tear up. He probably died of congestiive heart failure, which is how many humans of old age pass eventually -- as well as cancer victims. The labored breathing is a common sign.

And I'm a firm believer he did in fact wait for you to come home for lunch.

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

RIP Yoshi. What a touching story. I would say sorry for you but it seems like you were blessed to have him for all those years.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry for your loss. It hurts. It hurts just reading about it, and as a dog owner myself, I know it hurts you even more than I could imagine. He was a lucky dog to have good owners like you.

6. Chamillionaire

Damn bro... heartbreaking... I haven't been able to own another dog since mine died almost 15 years ago.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

sorry for your loss. i've never had a pet, and parents wouldn't let me have one, but man, this hurts my heart reading this.

you guys are in my prayers.

do you by chance have any videos of yoshi you would be comfortable to share? i'm thankful that he was able to give you many years of happiness.

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Rip yoshi... Dont be sad friend, smile and relish the love that Yoshi brought to you and you brought to Yoshi... Smile and dont worry for the love of Yoshi will forever remain in your heart. :,)

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very sad, and uplifting at the same time. When you live long enough and love dogs, you are going to lose some of them. Knowing that they don't live "forever" doesn't make losing them any less painful. You never forget the great dogs you've had.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Sorry to hear SunsRocketsFan.

He sounds like a great dog.. RIP Yoshi

11. MystikArkitect

Just letting you know I couldn't make it through your post without welling up but glad you got more time with him and it sounds like you guys had an amazing time together. I have two dogs and love every minute I get to spend with them.

RIP Yoshi

12. TheresTheDagger

There's just something about pets that slowly, almost imperceptibly allows them to sneak into your heart.

My condolences on your loss.

13. gezza

gezza Member

Sorry for your loss.

My gf just lost her dog last weekend and she has been inconsolable. Basically been in bed crying all day and not wanting to eat or go to work. But she has slowly gotten better the last couple of days.

Give yourself time to grieve. The pain may be unbearable now but it does get better with each passing day. Memory of the good times will slowly replace the pain of loss.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

my dog has terminal cancer near her brain. Doctor has given her a diagnosis of a few months left. this post is killing me right now.

15. SunsRocketsfan

I'm so sorry to hear that..definitely cherish every single moment. I told my self this but now that he's gone I wish I spent every single waking second with him. I miss my friend so much.

16. SunsRocketsfan

The pain does feel unbearable :( we are trying to keep busy and still eat and function. It's what Yoshi would have wanted. Im sorting through his pictures to create a little scrapbook for him.

Best wishes to your gf as well.

17. SunsRocketsfan

Definitely cherish every single minute you have with your dogs. Yoshi was my first dog..even though this pain is unbearable, hopefully he won't be my last.

I've lost cats before and I was devastated but losing Yoshi is on a totally different level. I got him while I was still in college and he even went to class with me. He really was so much more than just a companion, he really was my best friend and family.

18. SunsRocketsfan

I will definitely never forget Yoshi. He really was a great dog and so much more.

19. the shark

the shark Member

Sorry hotballa. Went through the exact same thing with one of our pugs. Hang in there!!

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about this. It's definitely not an easy thing at all. Like SunRocketsfan said. Just cherish every moment you can with your dog. They want to be part of your pack more than anything else. It will mean a lot to you and your dog both.