1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I may lose my dog tonight :(

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SunsRocketsfan, Jul 24, 2014.

1. SunsRocketsfan

That's great news d12. So happy your dog was able to recover and you are able to share more memories with her.

Update on Yoshi..
    He was able to come home last night. The nurse fed him a hamburger patty and he ate it all so the doctor said he can come home.

Of course he's still very weak and he didn't sleep thru the night. I cleared out the living room and moved his bed and our mattress downstairs. I just tried to calm him all night till he fell asleep. I could see it in his eyes that he was in a bit of pain. So heart breaking to see him like that.

We spent all day with him hand feeding him and helping him get up and down to go to the bathroom. He's doing much better tonight and is fast asleep right next to me.

When we picked him up..The moment I saw his face light up and trying to wag his tail when he saw us I knew we made the right decision. So glad he was able to make it thru surgery. Just hope he's on the road to recovery from this ordeal so we can cherish what time we have left with him.

Thank you again everyone for all your well wishes and personal stories. I'll keep everyone updated. I'm just so happy to have Yoshi back home!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

Awesome news!!!!!

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Fantastic news! Yoshi sounds like a fighter and a great friend.

I laughed when you said you moved your mattress into the living room, as we did the same thing years ago when one of our dogs had surgery. Enjoy this time with Yoshi!

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

Wow I went through a similar situation about a month ago. Our family dog was also 12/13yrs old, he was unable to walk on his hind legs anymore so I took him into the emergency room. Vet said surgery was an option but he most likely wouldn't be able to walk anymore. I didn't want him to live like that so I figured he lived a full life and opted to end his pain and euthanize him.

It was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make. I literally broke down immediately when the vet said he wouldn't be able to walk again. I probably should have been, but wasn't prepared for it. The vet gave him a pain shot so I could take him home and let the family see him one last time. When I'm brought him back to put him to sleep, and went info the room to see him one last time, it was extremely tough. He was freaking out and even with use of only his front legs, tried to crawl off the stretcher towards me. I briefly thought about changing my mind but felt it was being selfish and he's been through enough pain and suffering.

So I let him go. It sucked that he was gone but good to see him go peacefully. I had him since high school, now 29, and it was strange going back to my parents house and not seeing him anymore. I got him cremated so his memory will last forever.

I'm glad your buddy pulled through.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Great news! This was posted today in Unsorted. Dog hyperventilates and passes out from overwhelming joy.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Glad to read this thread and see the latest update.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

celebratory dog dance

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MoqAZOAgjE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Thats good news!

9. SunsRocketsfan

Just a quick update. It's been a week since yoshi underwent emergency surgery. Good news is he seems to be doing well. He walks with a limp and has trouble getting up but he's on the road to recovery. He seems to be in good spirit and has a healthy appetite. Going to enjoy and cherish every moment I have with him. Thank you everyone for all your comments, thoughts and wishes. This community and forum truly is awesome!!

1 person likes this.
  10. heypartner

thanks for the update! I suspect Yoshi probably doesn't mind the limp, as long as he has you.

one question: is your bed still downstairs on the floor with Yoshi...such a cute story.

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

That's good to hear.

Take care of him!

12. SunsRocketsfan

Yup. I'm still camped downstairs with yoshi next to me.. Don't want him exerting himself too much with stairs yet. I have my laptop, ipad and tv all in the living room. I'm good to go :)

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's awesome. The will to live is a powerful thing. Much credit to you for giving him the opportunity to get through this. Respect!

14. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Repped

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fantastic news. I couldn't be more happy to hear something so positive from this. Great job.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope he lives and the bitter dog dies.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Good to heat.

I remember the nights i spend in the livingroom when my dog was recovering from being very sick. They are nice memories (since she got better). My dog loved being able to be on the matras with me and my wife.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So happy to hear about the good news! Thanks for the update, Hope he has a quick recovery. Go Yoshi!

19. heypartner

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

glad to hear your dog recovered and is doing well. I heard a co worker talking about his dog on his way out, scared me to death because my dog is 11 and it won't be long before he gets to that age. I think about it constantly, I fear losing the little guy but I know the time will come. It makes me really not want to own a dog again, maybe foster and find a good home but I'm terrified of the feeling once they leave.