1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love reading posts on the Jazz board about the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSherv, Apr 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

OH LORD
    LMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually I found this to be the gem of them all.

"
    If we can't even win a game in this series, I don't really care if we lose Sloan. Sure, we might lose his beloved system, but he's basically ruined our SG position. Look at what Houston has done with Chuck Hayes. They had no good player, so they developed a young guy and made him fit that role. They didn't take Kirk Snyder and stick him there.
    "

Sounds exactly like our board when it comes to Rafer.

3. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

I actually think that Deron Williams will be a legitimate MVP candidate next season. Think about it, he's only in his 2nd year, and he's already a borderline all-star. I still like Chris Paul better, and I'm sure we'll all see how good he is once his team is finally healthy. Everyone kinda forgot about him, even though the Hornets were flat out ballin' when they had all their pieces. Oh well, ce'st la vie. We'll see what happens next season.

Of course, the Rockets will just crush them so it's really a moot point. T-Mac and Yao will be co-MVP's! That's right, you heard it right here!

4. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

Because he's a borderline all star now that means he'll be the mvp next year? :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

Well, I've seen an article or two that place him in at least the top 15 of their MVP lists. Personally, I think that he is the player that makes the Jazz go, and is one of the primary reasons why his team is the 4th seed in the West after missing the playoffs last year.

Also, my point about him being a borderline all star was just to illustrate how quickly he's progressing as a player. I'm not saying that Williams will definitely be an MVP candidate, I'm just saying that it's possible. Sorry if that confused you, haha

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I too was a bit surprised with all the Sloan bashing. He's got his faults but he's still a great coach. It's very naive of them to assume somebody better could just step right in and replace him.

What I was REALLY surprised about though is why there wasn't more Kirilenko bashing. Your highest paid player gets only 16 minutes in a playoff game and that wouldn't have you ready to burst a blood vessel!? Add to that the fact that his name was tossed around at the trade deadline especially for the likes of Vince Carter. I'd say a player like Vince could have helped their offensive woes tonight just a tad. :p

7. koopa

koopa Member

after watching the mavs and how close today's game was im now thinking its gna be a long series ..

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

WOW LOL.

i thought fisher did a great job against tmac. he keept him from driving to the hoop all game. no one can stop tmac when he's hot so you can't really blame him for that.

9. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

i bet jazz fans are equally as surprised as us

regarding our JVG bashing

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I couldn't care less what the Mavs, Suns and Spurs were thinking. The Rockets won, that's all I care about.

11. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

You were really talking about JVG weren't you. Nobody else noticed Tmac starting the 4th off the bench after going insane in the 3rd?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm confused... did the Jazz fan think Kirk Snyder is supposed to play PF?

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i never thought i'd say that...but you're exactly right. Mavs fans are clearly the worst right now in that way.

14. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Agree. It is not Sloan's fault his team could not shoot a free throw.

15. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

best jazz post yet...

"There is no offer from the Jazz, including the entire roster, that would come close to getting Houston's attention in a deal for Yao. Sorry, just keepin' it real."

I wholeheartedly agree

16. cynosure_c

cynosure_c New Member

17. Sextuple Double

They're a mirror image of most posters here. What if Rafer missed a wide open layup on a 3 on 0 break!!?? Luffy1 would've sniped him on the court and BBS posters would give him "Man of the Year" medals. Jerry Sloan, like JVG, is a coach of the year candidate yet they still want him gone.

18. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I think I'm still drunk but :D

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

A Jazz fan requesting videos.

20. John X

John X Member

This pic made me laugh out laud, several times. If the Jazz fans have a "photoshop the pain" thread, this pic will be a clear winner. I love it.

No. The Jazz fan thinks Jerry Sloan made a big mistakes by playing Fisher as a SG. Fisher is PG in a SG position, while Houston does not make the same kind of mistake, like playing Snyder, who is a SF, as a PF.