1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love reading posts on the Jazz board about the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSherv, Apr 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

They also say that the team apparently lacks atheliticism and defensive quickness, and Sloan is still reluctant to play guys like Brewer. There issue with Sloan began in the mid 90's when we beat them in the playoffs in 95 on the way to the championships. Then, Sloan didn't play Brian Russel but instead David Benoit, who missed tons of open shots. And the Jazz missed the two year Jordan-retirement window for a championship. Right now, there biggest issue with sloan is, of course, starting Fisher at SG against Tmac.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Fisher did a great job on T-Mac actually. He did get a lot of help but for being undersized he didn't let him get around the corner and take him inside. Forced him to hit from the outside.

3. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

But he f***ed up that layup, which is enough for home fans to go against him. Imagine Rafer miss a lay up like that, how would bbs.clutchfans.net look like?

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I have to agree that "Yao can play for the Jazz" thread is hilarious.

5. Stack24

Oh yeah..that was one of the biggest turing points. It gave us the lead and it really set the place on fire. I was in a bad mood when the steal happen but the layup totally made my day. Then the dunk to seal the lead and the toyota center and rockets didn't look back.

6. FFz

FFz Member

we'd blame rafer and not jvg. Then we'd realize that JVG actually prepared the team enough to win, the players jsut forgot to execute... They did a great job defending against T-mac in the 1st half and they just forgot the game plan in the 2nd half. That was a shame.

7. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

wow i dont know jazz ppl wants sloan retirement and they think fisher sux too hahaha

8. Stack24

If fisher never missed that layup they wouldn't have much to say. he hit a lot of shots and played good defense againts T-Mac for being undersized.

Ahhh i love fan reaction to a critical momentum swining mess up like that missed layup..im just glad im on the good side of it.

9. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Anyway, it seems Jazz fans hate Sloan more than Knicks fans hate Isiah: http://jazzfanz.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=22150&sid=1a45910253526e1a3243b0d81940d99b
    Talking about Isiah, for those of you who haven't seen this webpage, be sure to have a look. It's absolutely hilarious: http://www.iloveisiah.com/
    In terms of Jazz' D on T-mac in the 2nd half, I reckon it's more of Tmac on fire than Jazz not executing their D game plan. Mac hit a couple of tough shots with giricek's hand right in his face. He just couldn't miss in the 3rd qtr.

10. Man

Man Contributing Member

Fisher had that embarrassing moment..and then getting called for an offensive or something the next possession, but he also did a lot. I'd be super mad if I were a jazz fan.

i actually think the jazz are really good, and i think that boozer could probably score more on yao..and that okur could probably do more. Deron, too. Their team can be dangerous with so many shooters, just not as prolific as the Suns are. I could be underestimating the defense of the Rockets, though. It wasn't nice to see them draining so many jumpers, though.

Tmac and Yao must do well, then everyone else will join in the fun.

11. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

comfortance?!?

congratulations on creating a new hybrid word that actually makes sense!

excellastic !!!

12. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

13. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Those jazz fans are classy people. I love how they want their players to injure ours so that the Jazz have a shot at winning.

14. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

...LOL

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Nothing is sweeter than when your enemy's own fans make fun of them

16. rayman77

rayman77 Member

come on.....

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL at this one guy's signature...he must really hate seeing Fisher at SG.

[​IMG]

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Had a few minutes while waiting for the edited game to save, so I went and looked.

check out this little gem from sharpshooter

Gotta wonder if this is tongue in cheek, or if this guy is just *that* delusional.

EDIT: oops, I see Charlie beat me to it...oh well, my remarks stand so Ill leave it as is.

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

20. lethe

lethe Member

One of the jazz fans said that houston is so beatable and Jazz can steal one win in the next game from houston.

Houston is so beatable? stupid and crazy jazz fan. :eek: