1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love Patrick Beverley. I'm serious.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's a foregone conclusion...if Bev has a good game and makes an impact not only defensively but offensively, then the Rockets always seem to win.

He's the X-factor.

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. Pete the Cheat

how many of those were dunks of pick and roll? how many did he create by himself?
    just because you have a high fg% doesn't make you a cornerstone of an offense...take a bow DeAndre Jordan

34to11 and napalm06 like this.
  3. carib

carib Member

Bev started out mainly as a defensive player, but his offensive side seems to improving every year, from being a good 3point shooter to running the offense, with pick n roll and penetration. At least with Gordon possibly injured he is next play maker to run the offense when Harden sits.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why are you even using a stat where the Top 10 are Point Guards? What do they consider Front Court touches? And also note that Howard is like #160 this year in that "Front Court Touches" stat.

Front court touches: He got 26.7 last year (you say #184) and a little over 28 this year (around #160). Not really any difference. So obviously the stat is not a good one to measure Howard....since PGs are leaders in this stat, and he's always been in the bottom half of the league.

Post Touches + Paint Touches: Led the league last year. And has less this year. This is the measure for bigs like him, and what he was complaining about.

So, no, I guess I won't apologize, since you are misusing stats. You won't even provide the definition for this stat in which the Top 10 Leaders are all PGs.

34to11, Haymitch and J Sizzle like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

based on a 13 year career - #4.... oftentimes as the main man....

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, the ol' "our dunking center's FG% is high, therefore he should be featured in the offense" logic. Always good stuff.

Doesn't Trez shoot like 60%? Damn, Harden only shoots like 44%! We need to run the offense through Trez.

7. kjayp

The stat I gave was correct... to which you replied "Not true..."
    Sorry if the stat I offered didn't fit YOUR criteria... fact remains - it was correct... and you were wrong for calling it "untrue"....

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Your a tough person to get a clear direct answer from. You are all over the place lol. Not hating. Was just tryna figure out your claim

9. kjayp

And you guys wonder why we can't lock down top free agents and have to overpay the Ryan Anderson's of the world...smh...

the man wanted to be involved on the offensive end of the court... I don't know why people want to dispute this...

He wasn't happy being Harden's rebound b**** while having to be happy when Harden would acquiesce to toss him the occasional lob....

10. heypartner

You used that stat in the same sentence as this, "I don't blame him for being pissed about his lack of involvement on the offensive end of the court... jus sayin..." That's not true, which I proved.

I'll say you are tricky in throwing a meaningless stat out there in the guise of saying ATL is involving him more, which they aren't....and I proved by showing he is still only #160 in Front CT Touches this year, but ATL gives him less Paint + Post touches than we did.

I'll let you decide if you should apologize to us for misusing a stat to make a wrong point about ATL using him more, which they aren't.

11. kjayp

i never said ANYTHING about Atlanta... just stating facts about his time in H-town...

12. kjayp

WHEREVER the points are coming from - you ride it until you hit the point of diminishing returns... and last year D12's fg% was the HIGHEST OF HIS CAREER to that point... but I guess unless you have a beard - screw keeping the talent happy... even if they are giving you 62% from the field... lol

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That 3-point shot has improved, but what really impresses me is Bev's teardrop in the lane. It's not quite on the level of Tony Parker, but that sucker still goes in most of the time when he puts it up. And his rebounding is amazing given his size.

I think relieving him of the pressure of handling the ball and pretending to be the Rockets' PG has done wonders for his offensive game. Now he can focus on defense, offensive rebounding, and scoring when Harden sits.

14. heypartner

So you would agree that he failed to find a team that is involving him more than Houston did last year.

That should tell you that his complaining was unjust and wrong.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said the original comment was mean to be a joke so there isn't a position. i've stated how i view both. there's no claim to be made.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Phat bet. I thought u nd mr clutch were debating and it was hard to decipher your position lol. Bet tho

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I love Patrick Beverley. I have always loved Patrick Beverley. And I will always love Patrick Beverley (*unless he ever joins the Mavs, Lakers, Jazz or Warriors).

18. kjayp

You seem to have a real problem with reading comprehension....

My original quote was 100% factual... but you disagreed and even after being given the data, continue to maneuver around admitting you were wrong... I dont know what you think you proved... 180th... so basically 6 players off EVERY TEAM got more touches on the offensive end than Dwight did...

Then you want to make assumptions about what I believe (for the record, I think he took the most $ he could get - regardless of role...)

Then you want to draw a conclusion based on nothing more than your belief...

19. threepointshot3

Well that is the most of his offensive ability. A lob off the pick and roll. He is not a good post player.Nash told him that, McHale told him that as well. NO SANE COACH or GM would limit Harden to keep a average to good offensive player like Dwight happy. Harden can take you farther then a Dwight centric offense. HARDEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Dwight.

#99 threepointshot3, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Are you aware that Dwight was not/ is not a rim protector?

You can't be aware due to the way you are talking in this thread. A D12 fanboi who likes the smells of his farts.

Newsflash: Dwight isn't very good.