1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love Patrick Beverley. I'm serious.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bev is sometimes a bit reckless. The injury was clearly not intentionally caused but I agree that it's unnecessary. I would be mad if I was a Thunder fan.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Dude was 180th in the league last year for front court touches... I don't blame him for being pissed about his lack of involvement on the offensive end of the court... jus sayin...

3. threepointshot3

You still on you're Dwight " crusade"?. Dwight is gone man.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I wouldn't call it reckless. I think Bev's antics can be over the top but hes toned it down bc most of these guys are in no way intimidated by him no matter what he does. Both guys are love them if they're on your team, hate them if not.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's not about intimidation so much as agitation. That gets people off their game just as well.

34to11 likes this.
  6. kjayp

Oh i know he's gone... and we're still looking for a rim protector...

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I hope Pat Bev retires a Rocket. He's got heart and passion for the game and took a team friendly deal too!

heypartner likes this.
  8. Dalton Truelove

Amen. Heart and soul of this team. This teams' chemistry starts and ends with Pat Bev! I love when one of the youngsters starts heating up or makes a highlight play, he slaps em around and keeps pumping 'em up!!

34to11 and heypartner like this.
  9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Beverley is back to his amazing self and Maxwell agreeing Bev reminds him of himself says it all!!

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with Bev, Kobe, Nash, KG on this one, and can't stand Houston fans that sympathize with Dwight.

heypartner likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

(He should have stopped sliding behind opposing players on pick and rolls then)

All talk, all sabotage. Just ask Steve Nash, or JJ Redick.

“I would be more surprised when Dwight starts taking responsibility. That would be the most negative thing I can say, but that's the truth."

#71 RudyTBag, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    heypartner likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yes, a rim protector.

Not a little b****.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not true. He led the league in combined Paint + Post Touches

Fact

34to11 likes this.
  14. kjayp

Both stats are true...
    He led the league in post touches at 8.4 (4th in paint touches @ 6.4) - and was also #180 in total front court touches at 26.7...
    By comparison, Marc Gasol had 7.7 post touches - and 48.7 front court touches...
    Boogie had 6.4 post touches - and 49.8 front court touches....

Dwight also led the league in offensive rebounds last year @ 4.3 per game... how many of those contributed to his 'post touches' total?

People love to quote that he led the league in post/paint touches so they can push the narrative that Dwight is just a malcontent who was pissed for no reason... but that doesn't provide the full picture...

#180 for overall front court touches - for the guy who is #4 ALL TIME for fg%... doesn't seem like 'cornerstone' usage to me....

Those are the facts...
    http://stats.nba.com/players/touches/#!?sort=FRONT_CT_TOUCHES&dir=1

People looking to add another 'superstar' to this team are in for a rude awakening...

#74 kjayp, Feb 10, 2017
  15. Pete the Cheat

you seem to be stuck in the past my friend, and a bit misguided in what Dwight's game was and is. Dwight is a dunker, not a low post scorer.
    His back to basket game is subpar, and isn't very good at passing out of the post. The two other players you are using as a basis for comparison are able to create their own offense in the post, with Gasol being an excellent passer. Boogie is a black hole, but can put the ball on the floor and get past his man.

34to11 and RudyTBag like this.
  16. kjayp

The other narrative people like to push... to which I reply #4 ALL TIME on fg%....
    Face it, we did not utilize the guy properly and to his fullest potential...

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He led the league in combined Post and Paint touches. I don't know what else they call Front court, but that his the only place Howard has ever been given touches by any coach. Are they talking about LMA type touches 10-18' feet out. Why would you even include Howard in a stat like that

NBA com has two categories for Howard and bigs like him. It is Paint Touches and Post touches. He was the NBA leader

#77 heypartner, Feb 10, 2017
    RudyTBag likes this.
  18. kjayp

I'm not saying you give him the ball 10-18' out... but 8.5 shots a game - that's failing to utilize a guy you recruited to be a 'cornerstone'....

19. kjayp

So my facts WERE true... I'm awaiting your apology...

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Bev is going to be our heart and soul when we win our next title.

Mad Max = Mad Pat