1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love Mike Bibby.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Will, May 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I love Mike Bibby.
    I love Mike Bibby.
    I love Mike Bibby.
    I love Mike Bibby.
    I love Mike Bibby.
    I love Mike Bibby.
    I love Mike Bibby.
    I love Mike Bibby.

He's what basketball is all about.

So smart. So cool. So clutch.

Kings in 7.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I love Mike too... you could see that look in his eyes when he came out of the timeout. He wanted the ball, wanted the shot, and knew he would make it. Robert Horry and Kobe Bryant-esque.

I agree with everything you posted, except one... Kings in 6. :)

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

GOOD GRIEF!

That kid is awesome. Memphis got ripped off.

Where did that J come from?

4. HoopsAve.

HoopsAve. Member

Talk about a focused cat... He stood tall,drained the J and got right back on defense. If that was Webber he would have been crying and screaming by celebvrating so much.

What a steal Sacramento got. Geoff Petrie remains the most underrated GM in all of sports. While Jerry West is the most overrated..

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It's not just the shot. It's the racing for loose balls when everyone else is sitting on their butts. It's the clever little passes that slice up the Lakers' defense. It's the taking it to the basket against guys a foot taller. Did you see Shaq's face when Bibby lost his man and came down the lane right at Big Aristotle? He couldn't believe it. Challenge, contact, foul-out, ballgame.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

since i'm rooting for the kings, i'm loving his sweet shooting, but where did it come from. when he played for vancouver, i remember the strategy always being to back off of bibby and let him shoot. times have changed. i know the kings won't win b/c the lakers love to break my heart but dammit if they did i wouldn't come down from that high for days just like when the yankees lost.

7. Holden

Holden Member

this guy is my new favorite bball player.
    his jumper is so sweet and he seems to get so many steals.
    and ill say it again, i love his ugly tats.
    i wonder if sac fans miss williams.
    :(

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's the next John Stockton... :mad:

He's perfect for their b****y ass Cowtown crowd.

The next Jazz anyone?

9. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

Jerry West is the most overrated? I don't think so, pal. West trade Divac, in 96 offseason for the rights of a high school stud named Kobe Bryant. Which eventually create enough capspace to land Shaq Daddy. Absolutely genius.

And also, if you look at the Lakers' past late-round draft picks, you see the names of Derek Fisher, Ruben Patterson, Devean George.

Now, do you still think the man is overrated?

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I hate to pat myself on the back, but what basketball fans have been seeing in the playoffs is what I've been stressing all yr. I stated that i think this is the deepest the pg position has been since the mid 80's early 90's. I said that its true we have a good one in Francis, but Miller,Bibby,Davis,Nash, Marbury and some of these other guys are really good also . many posters always sa Steve has the most upside because he is atheletic, i always respond to how many more atheletic pg's came in the league with Stockton but has failed to even come close to him? If any position where you don't have to be a great athelete its the pg slot which is more mental than anything.

Sure Bibby may not drive the lane and throw one down over shaq, but so what. Watching pg's like Davis and Bibby who are younger than Steve but are light yr ahead when understanding the pg slot is what i enjoy. The seem to make the right pass, know when to shoot, when to push the ball and when to hold it up all of which steve hasn't learned yet. Do i as a Rockets fan not enjoy watching Francis? No, I really enjoy watching him even though he makes poor decisions, but he at least plays hard. Watching these playoffs just shows that the pg doesn't have to jump out the gym, just make good basketball decisions with the ball and keep the team organized on the court. I for one believe that Francis lack of progress has some to do with talent and some to do with poor coaching or overcoaching. Eventually, hopefully real soon he'll learn to get the rebound and race to the middle of the floor and not skip or high step and look to the sideline for instructions. The more talent he has around him, the easier his job will be. Like Will says, its a joy watching Bibby.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Bibby and Jackson are the only two players on the Kings who have really "sacked up." Whatever those two little guys are on (pure adrenaline?), the big guys need it, as well.

I thought for sure the Kings would lose this game 'cause of free throws.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why is this surprising
    Last year . . . When the rockets were playing well
    and beat these Lakers [twice i think]
    It was with big games form the PG

Laker's primary weakness is at PG, SF and PF
    D'UH where are the kings strongest?
    BIBBY, PEJA/TURKA, WEBBER

Kings were the wrong team for the lakers to match up with
    at this point it seems the difference between

Bibby and Fisher
    is greater than the one between Shaq and Vlade

Rocket River

13. moomoo

moomoo Member

Bibby is awesome, like he was on that Arizona national championship team. Man, was that a jail sentence Bibby suffered through in Vancouver for 3 years or what? As soon as he escapes the basketball purgatory that is the Grizzlies, he's back to his old championship form, like his time in Vancouver never happened.

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Not at all. Divac may do a little flopping, but overall, the Kings are not a dirty team. Their fans are just passionate, and hungry for a title after years of being in the cellar.

Bibby does not use cheap tricks to win games, he uses his basketball skills. And, unlike Stockton, Bibby may actually win a championship. Stockton doesn't have half the guts and heart of Bibby.

15. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

It sure helps when you have other guys around you who present such a big time presence<I>(Chris Webber)</i>. Doesn't it?

Where were you fans of Mr. Mike Bibby 4 years ago when he got drafted?

I assume you didn't give a rat's ass about him. But It's all good.
    I'm a Jason Williams fan. <I><B>i know what you're gonna say</i></b> :)

I don't like the fact that you(<i>Well Most of you</i>) were dissing Mike when He was on Vancouver with even greater statistics, more flash, and a lot more apperances on<B> ESPN's Plays of the Week</b> doing a lot more for his team. Which in fact could barely pull off as many wins<B>(<i>53 wins in 3 seasons as Starting PG</i>)</b> as the Kings wins<i><B>(61 wins as starting PG)</i></b> this season.

Having an already established team pick you up in a trade is a big help for a player with enough talent to beat 99% of the people in the world.

It just shows what a new team can do for fans and players.

16. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

Now that you're going to treat this guy like a god.

Here is a picture you can put in front of the vase of flowers above the mantle.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: [​IMG]

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I think this is some type of fluke season for Bibby, i dont think he will keep it up. He isnt that great, although i agree he is more helpful for the kings than williams was.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

UNMKT4,

When Kobe asks to cover a PG and Phil Jackson concurs, you know that PG is out of control and seriously messing with the Laker's title run. I never remember Kobe asking to guard Jason.

So did you know I was going to say that. :)

I guess we can say the same thing about your boy, Jason Williams. Face it: Bibby is taking this team to the next level... Jason and Peja had that chance last year and failed miserably. (How many minutes has Peja played this time, again???)

Bibby, Francis and Jason are proving that PGs rarely can take bad teams to new heights. But Bibby is damn sure proving that he is a stud piece to a legitimate championship contender, something Jason had a chance to show, but didn't even play in the 4th quarter last year.

Sonics GM,

One man's "fluke season" is another mans "rebirth" and "break out." Don't forget, Bibby was a #2 pick in a pretty solid draft.

19. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

As a matter of fact, Kobe had guarded Jason Williams in the 2 previous years they played in the playoffs.

It was only for 2-3 minutes/ a game but that was when we saw Jason make those world re-nouned <B>35 footers</b>, 3 to 4 at a time in a minutes span.

And Phil asked Kobe to maintain Jason from doing that same :rolleyes:BS:rolleyes: . He accomplished that and Kobe has almost accomplished that same type of deal with Bibby until Last night, <i>lol, sorta</i>

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

For some reason most of us tend to forget that Mike Bibby was the 2nd player picked in the draft 4 years ago. He was picked ahead of Dirk, Antawn, Vince, Peirce, LaFrentz, JWill and Bonzi. Its not like Bibby just came out of nowhere with little or no talent and is now overachieving.

Most of us also forget that Mike Bibby was only 19 when he started his career in the NBA and that he only played one year of college ball. Bibby was the freshman leader of that team that beat the Elton Brand lead Dukies in the NCAA championship.

We are all quick to point out how other 19 year olds needed time to develope like KG, Kobe, Jermain and our own Eddie G. But for some reason everyone forgot about how much talent Bibby had when he was drafted at 19 because he did not come in and dominate right away.

Bibby's talent and ability should have never been questioned or doubted. Bibby is the best player on the Kings IMO.