1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love James Harden. Full Stop.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 21, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right, we love the Rockets, but we do not have to love every player the same way.... lol, they are not my kids for the Allmighty sake.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Let's see...

1. Standing around dribbling for 20 seconds with no ball movement then taking a poor shot with time expiring.
    2. Letting Curry and Livingston blow by you for a layup on defense.
    3. Clocking out and standing around in the same spot for 20 seconds when Paul is running the play.

Yeah I would call that POOR EFFORT.

Look I'm not trying to take on a position as a Harden hater, I love him too, but this has got to be so obvious. Harden is mentally somewhere else. He thinks his heroics and energy need to be saved for a game 7 type situation when in fact we are losing the battle and potentially the war right here in these two games in Oakland.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Where would the Rockets be without James Harden? Certainly not in any meaningful playoff conversations the last however many seasons. It just so happens the Rockets James Harden era is happening at the same time as the f-ing Golden State dynasty.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nope, not asking a pledge of allegiance. I don't think I criticized anyone for criticizing Harden either did I? I even mentioned that I get on to him in the game threads.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are grateful for the regular seasons and some 1st Round heroics......

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. justtxyank

We run an iso offense. As far as effort is concerned, it would take less effort on his part to pass to someone else wouldn't? I mean it does take effort to constantly try to dribble his way around people. One of the criticisms before was that this type of offense was too much work. Now it's lazy?

Can't defend in transition, totally agree. Not convinced he could do much better with more effort though. He's basically a power forward out there on the perimeter. The only one I really got pissed about last night was when he trapped Curry in the corner and just let him go.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sounds lot like Stevie Franchise without the passing.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. justtxyank

This is our second conference finals with James Harden as the best player.

If only we had managed to assemble the Avengers instead of letting Golden State do it we'd have better success!

9. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Drew league?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Almost every Allstar guy (Inserted) having 3 more Avengers would rule the Conference......and likely the league.

Maybe not the lesser Allstars like KAT or Butler.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. justtxyank

Right. This is the 2nd year where James Harden has had a great player playing with him without baggage and we are once again in the WCF.

It's hard to see how we've underachieved. If the Rockets had the players the Warriors had and lost THAT would be an underachievement.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No mentions of underachievement. They achieved what they came for and put up an inconsistent fight, the fight aint over yet.

I am just going with the What Ifs.

I think DMorey would be a tad disappointed with us not putting in the effort every game.

We were so much better than the Jazz and the Wolves as a team, yet I still dun think we gave enough effort.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. jboslett

jboslett Member

I don't see any comment on the apparent lack of effort on plays. And, while he's undeniably clutch, he doesn't set the right example of intensity for big games. As a leader, I believe he lacks.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1) wins
    2) 1 time players mvp, 1 time stolen mvp, this years mvp
    3) 2nd to lebron in heaviest burden this playoffs
    4) loyalty

people here act like harden is holding back the rockets elite offense & defense LOL

trade Harden & Curry and Rockets would be in a 0-3 hole now

Rocket River likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just curious which "leader" could have led this "elite" team to 2 series sweeps and a 3-0 lead over the warriors?

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Could not agree more! He is an amazing player and an amazing rocket. All 29 teams and their fans hate him cause he's not with them and all their hate makes me have his back even more.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lol at thinking Hakeem gave full effort 100% of the time. Hakeem had some rough times in houston with mystery ailments if you recall.

And I am the biggest Hakeem fan there is.

Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

I love both to bits, but I fear we have the two most unathletic superstars in the entire league. LOL but we ride and die with them!

justtxyank likes this.
  19. justtxyank

True. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think skills win more games than pure athleticism but it is rare to have both and leadership and Defense.