1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love harden like the rest of y’all....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketseagles07, May 20, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually see it the other way lol, Chris is constantly getting a pass (and praise) especially by the media guys even though he's playing pretty bad in this series, on the other hand James can't get praise even if his worst game it's still an ok game.

I do agree that James needs to do more though, sometimes (like yesterday) his body language is what i don't like, that matador defense, getting crossed over here and there, lazy bounce passes...it's like he just doesn't try to get the win, it's like he waits and expects the win to come to him, but at this point this won't work.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

realistically, who would you even trade Harden for (there inst anyone that gets close to his talent) he will just have to learn how to play less ISO, and put more effort in the playoffs to involve his teammates..

only player i would trade Harden for is Anthony Davis which wont happen.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah! forgot it.

Well. He must decide if he wants to win or get paid cause the chessmaster Morey aint pain that 200mln max deal :) He's still top-5 PG in the league but he ain't getting better

ReignSupreme and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

you wouldn't be in this situation without CP3/ CP3 actually showed up in Utah Road games (and finished the Jazz at Home)

Harden is the MVP and he needs to play like it (HE has had way to many bad games this postseason) He needs to start showing up.

5. 1Deep

1Deep Member

He's tired..
    Never been a good defender..
    Carries the load on offense so..
    He needs help so he can give full effort on D..

I'm tired of the excuses.

I see lazy and that won't even win a title in an AAU league much less the NBA.

6. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

exactly is the same thing every postseason- i dont have anymore excuses for Harden.. He need to step it up man..
    Needs to be the MVP leader hes been all year (Besides the playoffs)

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

He don't even take defensive pose with bent knees and low to the ground legs! he stands there like a scarecrow and what is he expecting? that's 200% effort because he has strenght and speed to back it up. If Curry can TRY to defend and drop 18 point quarter then Harden can too.

People talked smack about T-Mac but switch him with Harden and we put up fight at least. I can't imagine McGrady being outplayed so much by KD on defence or getting shut down by Klay Thompson/Draymond....

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Switch him with tmac and we don’t get out the first round

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

CP3 wouldn't be past the second round if it wasn't for Harden though, how about this? Look, i'm not mad at CP3 or anything, in fact i do agree that Harden needs to do more starting with his defense cause he's the guy who can and should set the tone, but just saying, i just don't like when CP3 has a big game it's like "damn if it wasn't for CP3..." and when he sucks "Houston not moving the ball well bla bla -> Harden needs to play better", like if when CP3 was running the offense he was doing great...meanwhile when Harden has a big game (which happens more often) it's just regular duty, and as soon as he's not very good, it's all on him.

I also hate doing this kind of posts because they kinda feed ugly ass arguments that always end up in the "who's better between Harden and Paul" talk, which in meaningless, but yeah...

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Listen, yeah, let's just get through these playoffs, if we win and take them to 7, that is great......both of these guys tried but they are not enough on their own.

Let's save it for the offseason.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sure, i agree with this, also cause while confident i didn't put my expectations as high as other people, i didn't expect the Rockets to beat the Warriors in a series so, if they can do that it would be amazing and imo overachieving, if not that's still ok, we would've been in conference finals and lost against a team with four all stars in the starting five, there's no shame in that, other 28 teams are worst than us, and we can still get better.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Way to change my argument. It's literally one and ONLY one team that's in the way for him and the Rockets to win rings. The Rockets would've beaten any iteration of these Cavs teams. The irresponsible salary cap ballooning gift-wrapped Durant to the Warriors. Were it not for that, the Rockets would be up in this series and on pace to win their first championship at a minimum.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, with the efforts in Game 1 and 3, even I think this Celtic team would have a wonderful day.

The Jazz was one Offense Allstar or Star away from sticking it to us. If Hayward was still there.

This roster is built on several 30 yr olds, the stamina dun last for 3rd quarters or 4th quarters if we cannot blow the opposition out every night.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yea it’s been bad, no doubt. Game 2 it was fine, which we won. Games 1 and 3 have been very bad, which we lost. Not a coincidence.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Please. The Celtics don't have the star power to beat the Rockets. They had a chance with Kyrie but not without him. Plus, the Celtics have been AWFUL on the road and the Rockets would have HCA against them.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, there is a slight chance if we make the Finals.

I am not saying they have a chance if we come prepared every game....but with the way this team has been sloppy, lazy, inconsistent.

I am not so sure. We have like 3 games when we play well, and the other 2-3 games you can forget about.

17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i understand your view.. they both have to play better.. Harden needs to stop with so much ISO and play more like Game 2 (He tends to get ISO happy and it isnt going to work against the Warriors)

Well see what happens tomorrow

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You mean like 90% of the Worriers fans?

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has played great defense (for his standards) all season and in the playoffs until Game 4 in Utah. Since then, he's getting blown by very easily and giving up on plays. Who knows why.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Pretty sure the way you want them to play happened in Game 1. How did that turn out?

Not making excuses. Losing to the Warriors last night doesn’t mean someone should be crucified. They are better than us. Anyone who thought we were favoured doesn’t know basketball. Sure we could have lost in a more competitive fashion; but that really wouldn’t mean anything at all unless you buy into all the media BS