1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love harden like the rest of y’all....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketseagles07, May 20, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For your other two wishes, can you ask for 2 series wins?

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You got it all wrong dude. But hey some jokers are Superfans for sure.

There is nothing wrong with saying, damn my team sucked tonight. 41 point loss for a #1 seeded team who wanted to play Golden State so freaking bad. And for your main guy to play lackluster defense in the WCF, really puts a stain on anybodies but the SuperFan confidence. How is the heck you check your teammates on skit but doesn't hold yourself accountable. SMGDH!!!!!!

3. smp

smp Member

Maybe he knows when the refs have the game rigged against us so he mails it in on those nights. He does a little test run to see who they are betting on and goes from there. Lol!!

In all seriousness, his productivity seems to be impacted by referees more than any other MVP caliber player.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Excuses.....These are the games in which Harden and CP3 has to have that killer instinct. They can't always look to see if they can get their teammates involved. Their spark can fire up their troops in a major way. Especially on the road in a hostel environment.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

It was the GM that decided to give Harden the money. That doesn’t mean Harden is THE best player in the NBA, and it certainly doesn’t mean he can lead the Rockets to a title without a legit supporting cast of role players. Did you know Harden makes less than Blake Griffin, Kyle Lowrey, Paul Millsap, Hayward, Westbrook, Mike Conley, and just a shade more than DeRozen, Horford, Lillard, Carmelo Anthony, and Wiggens?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. H-Town Rockets Guy

Superstars have to step up and play great on the road against a great home team like the warriors. Harden and CP3 didn't play well tonight but we cannot put all the blame on them. Its all good when we make our shots. We had enough open looks and layups which we missed. And Golden State got hot in the second half...ball game Harden is the reason we are the top team in the NBA this season. Lets not bash him after a bad game by the entire team. For all those who are bashing us for iso plays, this is we did all year long. But when we play against a warriors team, we have to hit our shots and play a well executed game on both ends of the court. Its ok, we will bounce back as we did all year after losing a game.

Lets focus on Game 4 and get a win. Its a must win for us. Go Rockets

darksoul35 likes this.
  7. larry cook

larry cook Member

1. D'antoni is a soft coach. Mumbling coach who gets overtaken by superstars. Melo, Kobe, and now Harden. D'antoni isn't a true leader, hes a passive weak coach which reflects the teams mentality.
    2. Harden who is supremely talented offensively is still a one of the laziest mental midgets we have ever seen. I think we already knew this but o well.
    3. Cp3 can still play but a max contract next year, really? Nah. We actually shouldn't resign him honestly.
    4. This offense isn't built to beat the warriors at least not with Harden at the Helm.
    5. Lets stop blaming the role players, 75% of the time their watching either James or Chris dribble the air out of the ball then make some sort of desperate pass. Blame the captain he looks drunk or disinterest for some reason, how many years must we see this out of you Mr. James?
    6. Harden needs a coach that isn't going to coddle him or allow him to get away with his nonsense. Pop would have called a timeout and chewed him a new one for holding the ball, bad shots, turnovers and blow bys occasionally. Don't expect D'antoni to say anything to Harden because he won't. All you'll get is a well mumble mumble, you all know what we gotta do, lets get into them, mumble mumble, distraught face then a well I don't know, we gotta get going. If we can't find a coach that can reach Harden I'd trade him for Kawhi straight up. Let go of the loser D'antoni and bring in a whole new mentality.

8. smp

smp Member

I think you are giving too much credit to coaching. Luke Walton won at the same pace as Steve Kerr when Kerr was out for a while. I believe I could coach GS into the Western Conference finals and maybe even a championship.

Coaches like Pop and Thibs aren't going to make it much longer. That style doesn't work with American Millenials. Those types of coaches need foreign players who haven't been pampered by AAU, middle school, high school and college coaches their whole lives.

9. igotwhipscollectingdust

Offense runs better when he doesn’t initiate it

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You may love Harden like the rest of us... but do you love him like vlaurelio? lol

daywalker02 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  11. rocketseagles07

Ha ha ha ha ha ha That’s a different type of love... he’s probably somewhere preparing a novel which explains why harden doesn’t have enough help. Which I kind of agree with... but doesn’t excuse the defensive effort... just like I agreed with it last year but it didn’t excuse losing game 6 to a depleted spurs team

kjayp likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's usually Love and Hate with players.... it's complicated.

[​IMG]

kjayp likes this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden should either stop acting like brain of offense or stop playing in wcf finals as it was a pickup game at the drew league. My gosh he's got all the skills and instincts but sadly hes opposite of bball iq. He may get assists but it must be pain to play alongside him if you are not Capela

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Horrible thing is if it was not for Tucker and CP3, one more loss against the Jazz would be on the menu.

15. SteveFTB

SteveFTB Member

What? Seriously? He's not a lockdown defender. He's trying the best he can IMO...against KD what does he have to do? Honestly I don't expect that from Harden. I expect more defense by Ariza, Tucker and Capela...Mbah is being pathetic in these playoffs...

We are not ready to compete against GSW. Maybe next year...in the old thread I voted 4-1 for GSW. But I was not expecting a 41 points blowout...let's see if we have some balls in game 4

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree with all of your points. Frustrating for sure. No excuse to lose like that and act like it's just one game.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

People are bashing CP but thats the one that tried to pushed the tempo, sparked that little run in 3Q and doesnt have ball all that much. Seriously Harden is on his Westbrook mode and that's bad.

I guess the only thing ready to save James from himself is LBJ who won't get intimidated by the beard one and is natural Alpha :)

18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

That's not true at all. Curry gave up a back door cut on an inbounds play to Trevor Ariza of all people. Steps also tries the reach around poke as well...almost as often as harden. Unless I'm missing the sarcasm, it amazes me how our fan base echoes the national media on so many levels. The TNT crew started bashing, and I mean bashing harden last night the moment things turned for the rockets. When it is about curry it sounds like they are concerned for him/make excuses.

everyday eddie and darksoul35 like this.
  19. SS0101

SS0101 Member

CP3 opened the half by giving up a barely contested and 1 layup followed by a contested and missed mid-range jumper. You could say that set the tone for the half.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree with your statement but refs could've cheated for us last night and it still wouldn't have mattered. We missed wide open lay ups multiple times. They are going to get all the calls but we knew that before the series even started. I cant see Chris Pau having another bad game like this again.

Stormy1234 likes this.