1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love harden like the rest of y’all....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketseagles07, May 20, 2018.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Can you honestly see James Harden lifting a championship trophy? He is incredibly inconsistent. Do you really remember the "greats" being this inconsistent, this often? Might find some obscure stats, but, in general, the greats were generally consistent. They usually elevated their games in pressure situations. I stopped watching at the end of the first half because it was obvious that the Rockets didn't come to play. How can that be possible in a championship series? I can't get my head around it.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CP and Harden are the catalysts for these player playing well. when Harden is Isoing that means EG, Ariza and Tucker aren't getting shots etc. Harden and CP have to do everything, It is what it is. Harden and CP have to be great, that is their burden.

3. rocketseagles07

Bruh!!! This is what I’m saying. In Nash and Curry’s case they compete! Do they get cooked a lot hell yea but they try.

Harden goes in the melo class... you can’t tell me he can’t be AVERAGE and at least attempt to stay in front of his man. I’ve seen him do it several times

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Really? That's pretty easy to imagine actually. Hot take - he may have had 2 rings by next month if they just didn't have to worry about the Warriors. Maybe 3 rings if they didn't melt down against the Spurs in Game 5 last year

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Golden State Bandwagon is -----THAT WAY----->

Jump on it

Rocket River

6. rocketseagles07

El oh el... now I’m a golden state for being honest about my favorite player in the league

7. Mr. Space City

eg, ariza, tucker, luc etc should also be catalysts for themselves to make their shots make their layups at the rim, and play good defense. their jobs are much easier than harden's and they still are unde performing with such a lighter load.

harden and cp3 showed up in game 1 and we lost. we won game 2 because the entire team showed up.

everybody has to step up, harden, cp3, d'antoni, the role players. everybody has to contribute positively in this series. can't have no dead weight anywhere.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Curry flops and gets rewarded for it more

Rocket River

darksoul35 likes this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden is what he is, we've seen it since 2012. aint nothing gonna change. just gotta keep stacking stars until we can out talent the other team

Harden will never be consistent nor will he ever not get blown by on defense.

hakeem94, DudeWah and vonwafer like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Truth!

Real!

I'll bet you're a bball scientist!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I agree 100% and am ready to attack any fan that talks bad about James Harden smh they should just delete their account if their gonna act like that so immature I can't believe people would even say something like that can you believe it

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People have selective memory about the greats

Rocket River

SS0101, Patience and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This isn't about Harden playing bad defense. This is about Harden not showing up to games period. Its not just in the playoffs. Its not just this year. We never know if its going to be the high octane Harden, cutting, driving, playing D ... or if its the lethargic Harden who looks like he just rolled out from bed after clubbing it up all night. I dont expect him to be in the Jordan/Kobe/LeBron GOAT debate, but I do expect him to deal with whatever issues he has and show up and play with some heart. Its pathetic to see him drive into four guys hoping to get a foul, or shoot a half ass 3 point attempt in hopes to get a foul, or dribble the clock down to 4 seconds then pass, or the silly flopping all night long. I fear if he continues this behavior, then his teammates will give up on him like others have done to Westbrook, Melo and a few others. This appears what happened tonight; Harden didnt show up so everyone else shut it down early in the game. This team doesn't lose by 40 points if there is not chemistry problems.

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

That's not really an argument tho. "I can see him lifting a trophy if all the good competition was gone and if we had won series we lost"

DudeWah likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

JJ Fatt is garbage. An absolute loser of a player.

@TheRealist137

HARDEN AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE

10 reasons why James Harden is so much better than JJ FATT. 5 OFF the court/field reason and 5 ON the court/field reasons.

1. James Harden plays a real sport basketball that requires skill, talent, athleticism etc. JJ Fatt plays an unathletic, fake tough, guy sport, eggball, which requires zero skill or athleticism, neither does it require brains, just have to be big and fat and be able to gulp triple cheese burgers while guzzling cream soda.
    Harden is athletic, turns out game after game loading heaviest minutes in the league and stays in shape. Meanwhile Fatt takes several games off and is so obese with moobs that he can't even fit in a Rockets shirt
    Typical eggball athlete
    [​IMG]

Fatt struggling to fit in Rockets shirt

2. NBA fans are much smarter, proven to have higher IQ's and thus Harden has the cream of the society follwing him. Those high level C executives and aspiring leaders like myself. Eggball Texan fans are low level who don't know much about anything, thus Fatt has a legion of delusional, low IQ, no offense but uneducated fans.

3. Harden is for real. he is what he shows. Doesn't try to pretend to be someone he is not. Fatt is a phony and an attention ho. Everything he does is to benefit his "brand"

4. Harden cares about the city of Houston. He has done so much to help the city of Houston without even posting on social media. Fatt doesn't care unless he can make it to the news and TV and will run away to shitty Wisconis given a chance.

5. Harden has a worldwide fanbase. USA, China, Hongakong, Europe, South America. JJ Fatt's fanbase is mainly the armpit areas of Houston and maybe armpit of Texas like Midlands or Odessa LOL

6. Harden has made the playoffs EVERY SINGLE YEAR AS a HOUSTON ROCKET and will be MVP. A great leader who took a lottery team to a playoff certianty and even made the WCF. Meanwhile, Fatt has been a fake leader and a very useless player leading his team to NOWHERE.

7. Fatt led his team to a 2-14 season embarassment and a 0-30 HUMILIATIOn at HOME. In NBA terms, that would be like Harden leading Rockets to 10-72 season and a 0-120 loss at home. I can bet my entire family life savings (millions of $$) that Harden will never be able to accomplish the absolute low levels that JJ Fatt has as leader.

8. Harden may have quit on his team in one game. JJ Fatt quit on his team the entire last season! How many games did he sit out? LMAO

9. Harden has never been associated with any drugs or PED. Not sure if Fatt has but he did have a report saying he was tested or something. Not a good look.

10. Harden has made several successive winning teams. Go look at the W-L record of Harden teams and compare to Fatt. Harden absolutely ***** all over Fatt. Harden has made Rockets legit playoff team and an outside shot contenders. Meanwhile Fatt has made eggball Texans garbage fodder. A team that loses 30-0 at HOME and 2-14 seasons. Nobody is afraid of the Texans as long as Fatt is the leader

Conclusion: Harden is the FAR superior athlete and JJ Fatt is envious of Harden for on the court reasons (Harden is way better), off the court reasons (Harden is more popular and does more for the city of Houston) and also for personal reasons (Harden scores more females and city of Houston respect him more despite not making a conscious effort to attract fans). Plain and simple.

hakeem94 and Mr. Space City like this.
  17. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

But why r4p3 tho

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Lol, if not for Harden this team goes nowhere, and it’s nit even debatable. The rest of the team is so inconsistent on both ends of the floor. Where is the criticism for Ariza, Tucker, Mbah Moute, Gorden, and Ryan?

Harden is forced to create for everyone. Ariza and Tucker can’t get their own shots. They scored 6 a piece tonight. Moute scored one bucket... Ryan 2 points. Love Capella but he scores mainly from dunks off of the assist of Harden or Paul. He’s a great defender but he can’t create. Point being, tue Rockets are comprised of 2 good players, on e good defender that gets points in tradition and off of dunks, and a player in Gorden that shoots inconsistently. That’s it! Whereas the Warriors have 4 Allstars and a host of bench players that can shoot and create. He’ll, Swaggy P is a lights out shooter when left alone, then you have guys like Igoudala and Livingston with mid range games that also play D.

Reality... It take a complete game from all the Rockets players to beat GW!

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Without Westbrook, OKC doesnt make the playoffs. Terrible analogy as Westbrook is a terrible leader.

When the role players get paid what Harden gets paid, then we can criticize them. However when your leader and floor general decides to take the night off, the role players can not perform. When Harden doesnt show up, its chaos on the floor. That is exactly what happened tonight.

The difference is CP3 was brought in to help with Hardens lack of ... whatever his problem is. However CP3 took the night off too.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

dude, what is your hatred for Watt? Idc... I'm a Titans fan (stuck with em after the move - figured I moved why cant they - lol) ...but u n Watt... lol... you just seeth hatred for the guy... lol

I mean stuff like this:
    9. Harden has never been associated with any drugs or PED. Not sure if Fatt has but he did have a report saying he was tested or something. Not a good look.
    That's like saying "Watt never ordered a beat down outside of a strip club... idk if Harden ever did but there was an accusation... not a good look... lol

not ragging on you... I actually enjoy some of your posts... but the Watt thing does seem a bit out there... lol