1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I love harden like the rest of y’all....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketseagles07, May 20, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I admit i expected more from him tbh, he actually played better D against the Jazz and the Wolves, against the Warriors he's been very bad so far, and he needs to pick his defense up cause when he does our team defense becomes much better, probably cause he sets the tone.

Htownballer38 and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

i disagree.

nothing making luc not completely suck this series.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cant stand when people try to blame fringe players like Luc and Anderson.. Rockets fortunes hinge on Harden and CP. It's why I blame them most of the time. If they don't bring it, Rockets will lose 100% of the time.

4. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

delusional soyboys, exit to the right pls

5. Junebball

Junebball Member

I hold mixed feelings on Harden. There are some nights I say to myself he is very good and very under appreciated by non Rockets fans.

Then there are some nights I ask myself, can we win a championship with Harden as an alpha dog? Dude is 29 and I really don't know if he has it in him.

Well we were all wrong with Dream. There is hope.

6. rocketseagles07

I posted during game 2 that harden and curry were having a competition to see who could play the worst defense.... I can find it for you if you’d like

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's hard to criticize Harden's defense, he's never been a average to great defender. It's kind of something you have to live with, like other offensive maestros, like Nash or Melo. It's not one of his strong suites, but I think it can be overcame with overall good team defense and a decent effort on his part.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He’s 28

9. Mr. Space City

the rockets fortunes against a team like the warriors hinge on everybody playing well. not just harden.

2 all-stars not beating 4 all-stars without fringe players also playing at a high level.

10. ball king23

ball king23 Member

if we want to win we have to win in the draft and pick a good back up point gaurd or shooting gaurd like a malik newman or a devontae graham someone that is can come off screens and shoot also that was not an offensive foul look like a shoulder tackle

11. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

O'Bannon brothers are not happy with Harden's defense. Making Artesia High School look bad.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Harden got 20/9/6 in what will be considered a bad game. Yeah he got some ugly beats when defending, but that’s not why we’re down.
    He tried getting EG going early but he could not repeat his Game 2 performance. Warriors are doing a good job of keeping Capela out of the pick and roll game, but Clint has got to be more active on the offensive boards and protecting the paint. If those two things went a different way, we’d still be facing the champs with 4 all stars. F it. This can’t be easy. Hope we get it together for Game 4

Patience likes this.
  13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

At least Curry doesn't give up backdoor cuts and give half hearted pokes at the ball from behind... Harden is truly a pathetic effort guy unless the ball is in his hand..

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This forum has Stockholm Syndrome in regards to James Harden.

Dude has been a disappearing act with zero defense in the playoffs for years.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He walks the ball up the court and won’t let cp play point it’s maddening

16. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I BLAME CP3 MORE THIS GAME. HIS CAME WAS DRY AS HELL IN THE 1ST HALF

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Talk to @vlaurelio and he will explain.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Durant made this team the best since the Chicago Bulls era. We have to play a perfect game to beat them on the road. Game 1 was a Big Big loss. I hope we are on fire next game.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to do as long as super teams such as GSW exist.

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

hardens defense is extremely pathetic.

Lack of ability is one thing but often times he doesn’t even try.

Stormy1234 likes this.