1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I lost my son and my ex-wife on July 2nd 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by imasonamagun, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Prayers sent, may he give you the strength.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just reading this feels like a kick in the gut for me and I can't imagine the pain you are going through. I can only echo the words that others have said that you need to be there for your daughter. Hopefully time will dull the sharpness of the pain but I doubt it will ever leave.

We only have a limited amount of time in this world but our memory lives on in those we love. The memories of those you lost will probably always hurt but as long as you cherish those they will never be completely gone.

I hope I don't sound disrespectful but there might be something to be learned from this tragedy that could help others. Reading the articles you posted it sounds like the boat with your ex-wife and son had been run down by the bass fishing boat. Also this accident happened at 9PM when lighting probably wasn't the best. Here in the land of 10,000 lakes boating accidents are too frequent of an occurrence and they often happen at night or dusk. People need to remember that boating is inherently more dangerous than driving considering that there isn't brakes on a boat and you can't just walk away from a boat accident on the water. Anyone who goes out on the water should always remember that.

3. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, imasonamagun. Stay strong.

4. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Its been two weeks today. I still can't digest completely what has happened. Thanks again to all. Truly amazing people in our rockets community.

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

God moves through you my friend, stay strong!

6. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

Stay strong bro were all here for you

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sorry for the bump. Just saw your (latest) story on the news.

I'm sure as the days and months have gone by, it hasn't gotten any easier but...I can't help but think your son is smiling down. So awesome of you and the Kingwood community (or that team anyways) to honor your son, keeping his memory alive and dedicating the team(/season) to him.

Kingwood baseball team honors player killed in boat accident

<iframe width="476" height="270" src="http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=339142" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stay strong Kris!

Facebook page: Kingwood Frost
    GoFundMe: Kingwood Frost

#107 J.R., Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't know what happens when we leave this place. But I hope you get to see your son again one day and give him a hug.

9. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Thanks J.R. for posting that. I sure do miss my son. My daughter and I are doing well, its great to see my community come together so strong and honor the memories of my son. Thank you all for the condolences. I have nothing but love for clutchfans.

3 people like this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I grew up in Kingwood all my life.

Wonderful place.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks for posting that, J.R., and for checking into the thread again imasonomagun.

12. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I think a couple of my friends know you...I remember this story floating around on my newsfeed by a friend or two when this happened. Nevertheless, I hope that you and your daughter are doing well.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Very sorry I missed this post the first time around, as the memorial fundraiser is now closed. I did donate to the little league team though. Keep your head up Chris. We're pulling for you and your family.

14. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Thank you all again. Supporting the kingwood Frost baseball team is the best way to support my daughter and I. Again, nothing but love for everyone. Its truly amazing how yall can be. Go ROX!

15. TheresTheDagger

I know these words don't really help much, but I'm gonna say em anyways. I sincerely wish you all the best as you move through this dreadful time and will pray for you and your family. Just know you have a lot of support...more than you might realize here and in the community.

God bless you.

16. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

As a girl (well woman) I know how important a father figure is to young lady. I just wanted to encourage you in your pursuit to be a good father. Be an example. Let her know how much you love her every day. Listen to her. She will be grown one day and you wont be able to redo it.
    God bless and I will keep you and her in my prayers. May your heart heal and may you find peace in the midst of these difficult circumstances.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

what a wonderful father you are for continuing to coach your son's team in his honor.
    and I hope your daughter and new son have been able to bring you some joy amongst this terrible tragedy you have suffered.

18. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

My daughter, vannah vera, and I just left the Texans game. Tough loss, but a night around her beats all. And, just for the record. It's KRIS. Not Chris. Idk how that got jumbled. Anyways........... thanks all for the thoughst and prayers. It means more than you'd you realise.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You are the strongest person I have ever seen. Admiring status

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm sincerely sorry and you have my condolences. I can't imagine the circle of emotions you've dealt with. I pray for you and daughter and for a blessed life and may your pain be less and less as time goes by...stay strong brother