1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I like Yao Ming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by guest, Aug 16, 2002.

1. guest

guest Member

I don't really care if he will live up to his expectations......

one thing i know... the guy is hilarious... he's so funny!!! honestly, there are not too many NBA stars that can make me laugh...

saw him on this interview before preparation for the world games... he tried to answer the reporters w/ his crappy English..

he said something like "back in China, team-mates/opponents are all "small-sized" .... so nobody can really "face" me!! " :D

haha.. it's the way he says things that makes them funny...
    guess what Yao, I don't think there are anyone who can "face" you as well here in America except Shawn Bradley......

remember the comments he made earlier about taking the reporters to dinner if they promise to write something good about him? funny kid........ :D

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wish I was a reporter because I would absolutely love to have dinner with a classy man like that. He has a touch with people that is hard to compare. It reminds me a little bit of Hakeem in his first year making comments during and after the playoffs. I'm not saying that I want him to be exactly like Hakeem, but he sure sounds like fun.

p.s. Maybe he's the Charles Barkley of non-fluent basketball players.

p.s. p.s. ? ?#$%??? He isn't fluent is he? To be honest, I don't know.

3. aznlincolnpark

I like yao ming. At least, he tried to speak english to reporters with his broken English. :p

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't know if he can afford to go out to eat, after the US and China govt's take 75 percent of his check. That's just wrong.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

in 4 years he will sign for $100M.

after china gets thier $$ he will still be left with $25M.

for now i feel bad that he is losing a lot of money, but he will still be making more than most of us here next year so i wouldnt cry over it.