1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I like Marquese Chriss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Dec 2, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I haven't paid any attention to him in regular season, but I was watching him closely in pre-season. He seemed to drift out of position a lot on both ends and had a lot of trouble catching CP's passes inside, took too long to gather before his move.

He has all the physical tools. But then so did Terrence Williams and KJ McDaniels.

saleem likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@coachbadlee

wrt sending him down to Vipers for PT, Cabolco is shooting 47% from three down there. And Zhou is there too. Not much room for PT at the position Morey stockpiles...rolling, stretch Big.

I think leaving him with Bzdelik and Rogers is the way to go, because the issue of work ethic, and tangibles like understanding defense and how to set picks can be assessed in practice. That’s what those guys are paid to do. They don’t need to see him in games to assess that; it’s just a fan argument because we have no other way to see him, other than games.

If you send Chriss down there, I would think you have to recall Caboclo, then he might be stuck with no PT gettting outplayed by Isaiah (and Nene). Maybe we make that switch now, but giving Caboclo and Zhou PT is why Chriss wasn’t sent there previously.

I mean, there is a shocking difference between effort and smarts of House, Clark and Isaiah, to Chriss and Caboclo, and playing in garbage time should not matter when displaying those things, as Vipers games are no better than NBA garbage time.

Houtho and coachbadlee like this.