1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know we won but the refs sucked today....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 1, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The refs were ok in the first half. They were letting them play, maybe a little too much. But in the 2nd half, there were some really bad calls and non-calls.

And the Cavs got the bad end of some of them too. Even that last play where the refs only took .2 seconds off the clock, they then turn around and make it .3 seconds off AFTER the Cavs have used a timeout to draw up a play specifically designed for .4 seconds(in which you CAN get off a shot before the buzzer as Derek Fisher so famously demonstrated).

It was a tale of two halves for the refs. I guess they weren't prepared for the playoff type atmosphere of this game. I'll confess I never though it would be this intense.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The rule is 0.3, not 0.4

3. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

The only thing worse was probably Hubie Brown rooting for the Cavs all game. Come'on man, you embarrassed yourself on national tv!

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think technically you can get a catch-and-shoot off in .3 seconds according to the NBA, but I'm not sure how. With that Fisher one where he made it in .4, he needed every single tenth of a second to get it off in time.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I may be in the minority here, but I sympathized with the refs today.

This was a playoff game, very physical, and extremely difficult to officiate in either direction. I thought that there were calls that could have gone both ways all over the place, and we probably received the benefit in half of them. Perhaps not the most memorable ones at the end especially that Harden arm grab and the stupid 0.3 seconds off the clock call. But whatever. I've seen far, far...far worse this year. I applaud the refs tonight, primarily because we got the happy result. If we had lost this game...**** 'em.

6. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

What about that play near the end when James & James got tangled up and there was no call? What even was that? Can anyone help me understand this?

7. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Lol such a troll. Get out of here

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

This coming from seriously the biggest troll on this forum? They let them play physical as if it was a playoff game. I don't know what is wrong with my statement.

Now for my personal opinion: You're an idiot and should be banned from this forum. Anyone who sees your post disregards them immediately.:rolleyes:

9. Kash

Kash Member

What was up with that Harden-Lebron play? I mean, Harden is being held and Lebron is yelling at the ref to not call a foul, so he didn't? Just egregious. Harden was showing him the foul and still nothing. That ref has to get suspended. It was embarrassing.

Oh well, karma prevailed.

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The refs weren't great today, but I don't think they favored either team.

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I want to say that the ref thought it was James trying to force the locked arms but LeBron took offense to it and so they called a no-call?

I definitely yelled "WTF IS THAT?!?" in my gym though.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Actually thought we got away with quite a bit.

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hubie loves and praises Harden every time he calls one of his games

14. today

today Contributing Member

The game was so chippy because they hardly called anything. Probably 15+ no-calls (both ways) that would have typically been called.

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

This is exactly right.

Last year during the Portland series, Hubie was literally yelling during the broadcast that Matthews can't prevent Harden from moving... and he was dead-on right that time too.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Per "ABC News".....Refs spotted running out of Toyota center after the game!

17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

It looked like Lebron hooked Harden because he had him beat off the dribble. Beard then locked up with him to basically show the ref that Lebron hooked his arm and even gave him a look like you have to call something here. Poor ref looked stumped and just swallowed the whistle.

18. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Know what Cav fans are saying... Refs suck!!!

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I liked how they let them play in the first half.

After the scuffle, you couldn't touch LeBron

20. rocketsmetalspd

Lebron is a Superstar in the league and gets superstar calls. The league has not change in regards to that, I am glad the team still got the W anyways.