1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know it's controversial but it has to be said. Chris Paul is better than James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kadoz, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

keep twisting my word, why bother replying to me if you are not going to read what I posted.

I said his game is regressing in terms of variety, he shoots (and misses) too many threes and does not attack the rim enough. what does it have to do with his age

kjayp likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Pretty much this

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

I guess we will see this year

5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

its sad what espn and most of the media has become.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I took care of Orange on these Houston streets

As for roe4
    Prolly still checking on his Indonesian sauces why they let him down

Snow Villiers and DonKnock like this.
  7. threepointshot3

How much do u want to bet the OP is a trolling lin fan trying to sew the winds of division here?

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Paul has a complete skillset with very little weaknesses besides size. Harden has more clear holes in his game.

But Hardens penetration and ability to drive to the rim will still be the most important thing about this offense.

I loved Harden the quasi-PG in '17, but the Rockets won't win it all if he plays that style. '15 step back J killer scorer Harden actually had a chance to lead us all the way. His games 2/4 against the Warriors in that years series was killer. People poke fun at his "not pretty" fouls drawing 3orFT based offensive style, but '15 Harden was killing it with the mid range game at times. His mid-range scoring performances in those 2 games against the Warriors in '15 were gorgeous.

Harden needs to adapt like Dirk did. He needs to develop a more diverse and less predictable offensive game than the pure drive/kick player he's turned into.

He needs to get the step daddy going again. Paul is the perfect guy to get Harden in the ideal spots to score.

Paul might be better as an overall 2-way player. But the only way this team wins it all is if Harden goes nuts as a scorer in a playoff series, and hopefully Paul helps set him up for it.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hey if you're not a teeny bopper and older than 18 I'll let you suck my dick

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is how I watch the rockets play now

[​IMG]

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am taking the media out of this and follow OP's request to determine who is simply better.

Harden is the better individual guy and CP3 is more important to the team's O and D, making other players better and getting them going.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They both have special strengths and talent. If James Harden is an MVP caliber player and CP3 is that compareable, then we got ourselves the scariest back court. Now if we can get that 3rd star we'll be set!

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Harden has a difficult challenge this year, as the rules were specifically changed to stop him. That never happened to Chris Paul. Harden will literally have to evolve his game to remain elite.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Quit this revisionist history. Bring Lin to any thread not related to him is being divisive. You are indirectly labeling everyone who has ever criticized Harden's defense as LOFs. We should be over that already.

Deckard likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Dude, you're wasting your time with that fool...

He is one of the most delusional posters I've ever encountered - and proclaims himself to have always been right regardless of what proof you supply to the contrary...
    Make a point that proves him wrong and he warps what you said into something else entirely...
    Provide proof he's wrong and he tries to push the narrative to different points and change the topic...
    Try to keep him on point and reiterate the proof he is wrong and he resorts to personal attacks and accuses you of having a 'low bball iq...'

Honestly I cant tell if he's a delusional homer or a major troll... either way, don't waste your time...

He's the true essence of a delusional fanboy who just regurgitates his fanboy stats regardless of topic...

illwil29 likes this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Won't be saying that when CP3 demands the ultra-max next year.

17. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I am amazed by CP3 as well. I never really paid much attention to his pg skills until now. As I stated in a post somewhere else, dude is poetry in motion as a pg brining the ball down the court. I am looking forward to seeing him play this season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Cp3 is not better than The Beard. Defense. Yes.

Cp3 has to step up vs Curry. He's owned him.

19. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I can see Curry shooting over CP3, but did Curry defend CP3?

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Idk man did you watch the game?