1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I knew Bobby Sura had some impact on this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t_mac1, Mar 12, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

my fav player from the 04-05 team!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5611886.html

Shades of Sura
    The Rockets have had a smattering of those players in recent years, from Shandon Anderson and Steve Francis to Bob Sura and Ryan Bowen. Now, though, they come in waves, a particularly important improvement to a team that lost last season's Game 7 when it could not come up with the rebound of three consecutive missed Utah Jazz 3-pointers.

"It's a mental attitude that you have to have every night," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "That's probably the biggest thing that's overlooked with the Spurs, why they win championships. They do all that stuff. They do it night after night after night over a long period of time. It wins games for you and for them; it wins championships.

"Some guys take possessions off. Some guys take nights off. This team hasn't taken any nights off."

Instead, they collect floor burns and bruises and consider them the price of a winning streak.

"We play hard," Scola said. "If you play hard, if you dive for balls, it makes a big difference. Sometimes you're having a bad day, and you see a teammate running up and down, diving on the floor, fighting for every possession, and you say, 'I can't let this guy down. He's out there fighting for us.' We got to go out there and do the same. I truly believe it is that way, and truly believe it is really important."

More than important, the Rockets believe it explains a 19-game winning streak that has put them in select company.

man i so wish we had a healthy bobby sura to back up rafer :( . our PG play would actually be a huge advantage.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Kind of a stretch, but sure...its Bob Sura, what the hey.

3. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

That Scola quote almost brought a tear to my eye...

and I haven't cried since '76...

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

So... Sura died and his spirit possessed these guys?

5. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I'd rather have healthy Yao and Steve Francis.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If I told you in 2002 that Yao and Franchise were out for the season but we were on a 19 game winning streak and in 3rd place in the west how would you feel?