1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I just met Chuck Hayes at Subway

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dafranchise0309, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Cool story. Thanks for the proof. I wish somebody would pay for my food.

2. Red1Rocket

Red1Rocket Member

You from tha 4

3. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

That's awesome that you got to meet Chuck and that he paid for your lunch! :)

4. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

SWEET!!!!!! CHUCK is the man!!

5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

thats what happens when you eat fresh

6. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

I've met Chuck Hayes too! It was about 8 months ago and we accidentally blocked his way and he yelled, "MOVE THAT BUS!" and after that we yelled at him the whole game, "MOVE THAT BUS! MOVE THAT BUS!". He was very arrogant, maybe he was in a rush but still.

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Sounds like a pure class act. Only time I've run into a player was when we were staying at a hotel in San Antonio, the Lakers just happened to be staying there as well. Kobe was great, he stopped and signed for everyone and took pictures. Shaq was very rude, rode in a separate limo (everyone else, from what I saw, took the bus), and actually made a rude comment to a young boy (probably about 10 years old) when he tried to get Shaq's autograph. My cousin and I rode in the elevator with Eddie Jones, but he was on his cell phone the entire time. I know we saw someone else, I think it was Elden Campbell, at the front desk. It was amazing how nice Kobe was though, signing for everyone. That is what this reminds me of.

Pugs

8. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I'm going to subway for lunch today, here's hoping I meet somebody awesome and not one of my dumb neighbrs. :mad:

9. DaNungaOne

DaNungaOne Member

Glad he made your day buddy......if you wanna meet pro ball players...goto the Galleria....they are always there shopping or just walking around.

:)

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Damn, I always thought Chuck seemed like a good dude, but the man paid for a strangers food just because he could and he was a fan, that's respectable right there. Was this the subway on Glenn Lakes?

11. silentsky

silentsky Member

dude, yer beside a NBA PF and u don't look that small, u got size... :D

i've never been a fan of anyone, but that buying ur food move IS classy. pro to both of u guys!

12. joesr

joesr Member

Truth

My wife works at Nordstrom and tells me about a Rockets she meets every other day. I'm hating. Said YMing comes into there with the wifey quite a bit and ABrooks came in, grrrr.

On another note WTF is this outer space picture thats taking forever to load and making my window huge?!?!

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Bad azz story...If you knew he was paying, you probably would have had double meat and added the value meal huh...

14. smokefly

smokefly Member

Cool. Chuck is the man.
    You should have gone back to order one more takeout ;)

15. acerockets

acerockets Member

i met chuck hayes before to
    my dads friend is a security guard for the toronto raptors so we got to go in early and sit courtside before the game
    so we met some of the rockets players and took are pitures with them
    i have the pics on my old compter ill put them up if you guys want

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

cool put them on now please.lol

17. Mad Max

Mad Max Member

Wow, I didn't realize people actually order a 6 inch subs when at subway! Well except for women anyways. :D

18. rafer11alston

rafer11alston Member

That is a very cool story.

His stock value would definitely go up if he just practiced his FT shooting. It's just amazing that he shoots such a horrible percentage and has such an awkward form. He's not extremely big or tall, so there's really no excuses.

If everybody in the forum donates like 10 cents we can buy Chuck a Better Basketball DVD for free throws for $29.95

Did you happen to catch what car he was driving? Interested in whether he's living up to the name "Chuck Wagon" and was driving an old raggity Ford Wagon or was in a pimped out 2008 Aston Martin like Rafe.

19. lastmanstanding

No drink? Chuck is a cheap man. :D

20. agobbi17

agobbi17 Member

thats awesome man.