1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    WEST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the TWolves avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I just got held up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, Mar 19, 2007.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

If it was a robbery in Midland, Texarcana or Amarillo it would have been white people. What is your point?

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

double post - sorry (blame my wife's laptop)

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

my point is, most of the time its black people doing these things...thats all.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Great conceal gun, btw...I actually have that one on my list to buy. I only have 3 Glocks and love them all.

I carried a concealed G23 on my road trip and it actually is a tad large, imo.

5. BigSherv

I know, I am giving you a hard time you sheet wearin b*stard. :D Just kidding. Don't tie me to a tree. :eek:

6. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

I'm glad my sarcasm is being read well through the clutch boards. I thought it was obvious rational people don't pull guns on people. It was a joke.

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

ROXRAN guided me. Not paranoid...just aware.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's some scary crap, glad you're OK.

I worked in a bank when we were robbed back in 2000. Dude put a gun against my head. I had some of the same feelings you described, especially a few days after it happened. I don't go inside banks anymore. Ever.

I can't imagine what soldiers go through, getting shot at every day.

9. Falcons Talon

I've been thinking about a 23. I just sold my Glock 22. It's a great gun, but I felt nervous leaving one gun at the house when I left, even though it was in the safe. All it takes is one time to leave the safe unlocked. I take the 27 everywhere I go. When I wear shorts, or jeans with shirt untucked, I carry it in mt CTAC slide or M7X. With fitted tucked shirts, I carry it on my ankle. When I get to work, I lock it up in my Center of Mass car safe. I have the ankle strap for two extra mags. I tried carrying the hi-cap G22 mags, but 30 rounds of 165 HST's weighed heavy, so I have two 10 round mags in the strap.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Damn, glad you're ok...There is nothing wrong with going to talk to someone about this...Tony Soprano does...

11. Falcons Talon

What do I think I would do? Without a gun in hand, I'd do exactly what he asked. If he started to get crazy, get some separation, move side to side, find some cover and get defensive.

12. BigSherv

Man you sound like Rambo. I always wondered how you carried a gun if you wore nice clothes. Now I know.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Typical JVG only fan.

Find some cover and get on the offensive !!

:D

DD

14. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Everything went flawlessly. Those 2 girls at the back of the restaurant, they were young and no telling what they would've done. Screamed and ran probably and that would've caused more trouble.

Before it was over, a customer comes in and goes up to the counter. He then sees whats going on and just stands still, and it's weird because I thought these guys were inexperienced in holding up businesses because the guy that demanded my wallet, didnt ask to see my girlfriend's purse which was sitting ON the table. But then again, here we have 4 guys with guns, 2 feet from this customer that walked in, and without any communication between them, they each decide NOT to demand his money/wallet, and that #1 priority was just to get out of there ASAP.

Right after the customer came in, another customer was about to come in, I could see him through the window. I begin to wave my arms at him not to come in, he sees me but probably doesnt have a clue what Im doing, and continues walking towards the door, then I do it more aggressively and I guess he looked to see what was happening and then left. There was a guy at the drivethru at the time and one of the employees said to him softly "We're being robbed, call 911". He then pulls over and didnt know if it was a joke or what and calls 911. By this time, he sees the 4 guys run out with guns in hand, and chase down a white bronco in the parking lot demanding the driver get out of the vehicle. I guess both the guy in the bronco and the guy calling 911 drove away and drove around until the cops got there to come back and tell their stories. The employees there did a wonderful job in my opinion. They actually had to perform all these quick actions with 3 guns pointed at them. I on the other hand, even though it only took a second, felt like a lifetime trying to get my wallet out with the gun pointed at me, like I couldn't do it fast enough. I felt like it was because of them and their actions that kept this incident from getting any worse. On a scale from 1-1000 in being a brutal crime, I'm going to give it a 60/1000. So many things went right that could've easily went wrong.

Do you think I could be able to obtain a copy of the security tape? I'd love to have it to see what went on that I might've missed.

15. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Actually, its where my 6 game minipack was at the Toyota Center. Section 428.

16. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

so they cant prosecute criminals for attemted murder who have bad aim? :rolleyes:

17. cson

cson Contributing Member

I swear to God I didn't know black folk fearin' Rookies couldn't start threads. Is that new ? Dental Dam! It's ruff out dare!

18. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

By the way, White Bronco guy is an idiot.

I know people who were shot through a car's sheet metal.

I realize that the driver probably just panicked & hit the gas, but still... Their most exposed part would be their head and upper torso - not exactly what you want to paint as a target for four armed guys trying to make a run for it.

The thin, cheap sheet metal, glass, and plastic won't protect you from the bullet of one gun, much less four...

19. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

The Whataburger's in my hometown of Texarkana, TX have had armed guards on the night shift for a few years now. Something about Whataburger (maybe their extended hours) just begs for them to be robbed.

20. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Word!

That's why I live in the ghettos. They think everyone here is broke, so it's a nice cover (although the house and the cars might give it away).

That's because you're an Athenian and therefore a coward! No good Spartan would EVER surrender anything to a Black Persian!

#60 tigermission1, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007